Squeak

what's a slink??

I know it's obvious to a whole bunch of you lot, But what is a slink?
When looking at a rig where do they hide, and do they bite if not looked after.?:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I know it's obvious to a whole bunch of you lot, But what is a slink?

When looking at a rig where do they hide, and do they bite if not looked after.?:S

Ok, when you have a canopy over you, look at those nylon straps on both sides (risers) look up a little bit and you will see white string, in between those will be a link from the lines to the risers. Normally they are an oval shape made out of metal (Rapide Link) or made out of yet more string (Slink)

--
Hook high, flare on time

Just like dogs, Slinks will bite you if you do not pay attention to them while they are young.
Like all parachute components, Slinks wear out over time. The trick is to look at they every month or so. When they start to show signs of fraying, replace them. Also plan on replacing your Slinks every time you replace the suspension lines (every 200 to 600 jumps).

There's got to be some deep, hidden meaning to this reference to a young dog, but I'm too old (or too tired from chasing young bitches) to get it. ;-) But I do love my Slinks on both mains and reserves. And threading them through the lines is easier if you use a gun cleaning rod and some Cypres cord. Rigger Rob, any special tricks you use?