bernard

clear and pull- safety

Nice job. B|

we get our guys to do a strut hang for their HnP,
Hang off strut, ARCH, check in ..GO!
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

it seems to me that an exit from a hangstrut is better for your position given you provide a good arch like they teached you, unless you're frozen like on the you tube sequence. As a counterpart you are alone on your exit, while in Aff you have one or two instructors on your side. Besides in Aff exit height is higher what seems a little safer if you are in trouble. I am still convinced a mix of the two methods is the best way to go, s/l for low exits and self confidence in the beginning, Aff for the real freefall part later on. One negative point for s/l is, -but thats a personal conviction-, it is not made for everyone but they say that for Aff as well. Anyway skydiving is an addicting sport that is made possible thx to the work of great instructors in the sport, ;)

it seems to me that an exit from a hangstrut is better for your position given you provide a good arch like they teached you, unless you're frozen like on the you tube sequence. As a counterpart you are alone on your exit, while in Aff you have one or two instructors on your side. Besides in Aff exit height is higher what seems a little safer if you are in trouble. I am still convinced a mix of the two methods is the best way to go, s/l for low exits and self confidence in the beginning, Aff for the real freefall part later on. One negative point for s/l is, -but thats a personal conviction-, it is not made for everyone but they say that for Aff as well. Anyway skydiving is an addicting sport that is made possible thx to the work of great instructors in the sport, ;)

On another thread some 2 o 3 montha ago an instructor posted what they thought was the best training mix, that included a tandem, some AFF, some SL jumps.

A friend with about 9 AFF jumps is dreading the first solo jump. Solo is such a part of SL, it is hard to grasp the concerns of the jumper.

Different students need different things from AFF, SL, and tandem. I think some tailoring to the student and current situation would be good. My 2 cents.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

Will have to find that thread. Currently early on in AFF progression with a significant amount of tunnel time but trying to figure out best course of training for ME (I agree it's helpful to tailor to student). Some friends have suggested SL ... my biggest problem at the moment is not trusting myself and second guessing that I know what I'm doing.

My first Freefall(S/L progression) was to be 5 secs from 4000'. I pulled at about 10 secs according to the JM. I told him my count was 5, but I didn't rush my count because that was what he told me"don't rush it". Needless to say I failed because I was on my back!:$