grosfion

would you (2) .....

buy a product (e.g. canopy) from a company of which you don't like their policy or the attitude of the representative persons?
What is more important the product itself or the company?
Isn't the market so close that everything counts?
blues
Marcus

I *might* buy a product from someone whose attitude I don't like....just depends on how unscrupulous I believe they are.... But if I really like a company, I'll surely try to buy from them. My list of "won'ts" is pretty short (like 1). Heh.... no need to take life too seriously, I suppose....
Peas~
Lindsey
The empty can rattles the most

IMHO in this sport the quality of product should always come before any company policy or customer service record or bad attitide I get. You can usually get an idea of quality of certain products by talking to those in our sport v.s. some sales/marketing pitch by a manufacturer.
That friendly sales person isn't going to save my life at crunch time......the product will.
Just my opinion.
"...and then they took away my Swingline stapler" ~ Office Space

"buy a product (e.g. canopy) from a company of which you don't like their policy or the attitude of the representative persons? "

Absolutely not! I just recently went thru this dilemma myself. I just bought all new canopies and a new container for myself... there is one brand that I would have loved to have, however my wife had a somewhat horrible experience with them on a customer service issue so there's no way I will EVER order anything from them again. It was the owner we spoke with & he who handled the situation poorly. too bad, they make some pretty nice stuff.
Currently in our sport, if you're looking at the top canopy and container manufacturers it's virtually impossible to say this such & such is superior to this other such & such. Sure, there are opinions out the ass, but as far as solid proof that one is better than the other is a bit moot, because the differences, if there are any, are very very minimal... it all just boils down to personal preference. I love my new rig, every bit of it, and I'm glad I made the decisions I did! (well, I don't know how well I like the reserve yet, but I'm sure I'll find out one day ;)).
Blues!
Merrick
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

I have a bit different take on this one since I work in the industry.
My choices for my container were based first on the same things everyone else looks at - perceived safety and quality of the product, looks, price and delivery time. But once I'd narrowed it down to a few manufacturers it came down to who takes the best care of my customers (and there was more than one best choice in this area). If I ever need something from the manufacturer of my container, I know they will take care of me - I've seen them do it for my customers in the past.
It was pretty much the same for my canopies. There are a number of seven cell zp mains out there; I chose what I did based on my experiences working with the manufacturer. They do what they say they are going to do when they say they will do it for my customers, so I know they'll take good care of me should I ever have a problem.
So I guess in my opinion the company and the people behind it are more important to me than the product.
pull & flare,
lisa
"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda sez