geanky

Wing loading for Nitron and Xaos?

are these maximum 'recommended' wingloadings the optimum amount to load these canopies? Not to say you have to load these canopies that high, as we all know you dont. But is this the point where the wing is most efficient and with any higher loading it drops off?

a nitron loaded at 2.2 lb/sqft still flies quite well. I've heared from people used to jump the original nitron at 2.4 that it's where they get the best of it (anybody selling a 2nd hand 88?). In my opinion, downsizing from an original nitro 108 loaded at 2.0, to a nitron 98 loaded at 2.2 was much more difficult than expected, but now i get longer swoops with the 98.
When i downsized from the 120 loaded at 1.8 to the 108, i immediatly felt a huge improvement, though i had only 20 jumps on the 120.
My personal feeling is that the optimum wingloading is much higher than the recommended wingloading. However, i know shit about canopies, so the manufacturer's recommendation is much more valuable than my opinion.
bb
come

do you know about the minimum weight . I'm a lighty and right now I have a blade 98. I where weight most of the time anyway because I'm so small but on the few time i jump without weight my blade bairly wants to open. I just don't have enough ass to keep good tension on openings. I haven't got to jump a xaos yet to know the difference between them.

I jump an Xaos 88 27 cell at a wing loading of 1.77. I original wasn't going to go crossbraced when I got it as I didn't thing I be loading it enough and I didn't want to go any smaller in size. But when I test jumped a 98 the openings were so sweet I was hooked. I'm probably not taking advantage of everything that the Xaos has to offer performance wise but I never noticed any downside to flying it at this wingloading. Openings are sweet, stable in turbance "or at least as stable as any other canopy I flown".