ramon

riggerrob!! snapping leading edge?

Hey,
Why does PD frown upon snapping the leading edge of the canopy? I hve never heard of this.
Am I confusing snapping with a hard jerk on the nose to straighten the lines?
Should I pull less hard?
very curious
ramon
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie

P.D. says that jerking or snapping the leading edge does little to straighten out a pack job. I get the same results by lslowly ifting the leading edge over my head and giving it not much more than a wiggle to align the line groups.
But then I usually also reach inside to flake the bottom skin. I doubt that flaking the bottom skin makes much difference, so call me a neat freak.

Ramon, I trash pack to, when you say snapping do you mean just pulling strait out to the side? I do a sap that goes infront of me and back towards me making the canopy do that wave thing like when putting on a bed sheet.

Since the whole discussion was started on the use 'snap' (where I really pull my nose about four or 5 feet till my tail is hanging vertically, small canopy')
then I guess the discussion is moot.
"wee girls on a skydive road trip on big bikes...... yikes, dykes and bikes kinda thing...... ", David McKelvie