freebird

Javelin/Javelin odyssey

teh unisyn cause the way the system was designed you don't get the krinkle in the main lift webbing when you're not standing up straight, and you can flex at the chest and the cut away/reserve cables don't get exposed more than in their normal position. That, and the foam is higher quality as well as the end connectors for the cut away housings. All the flaps stay put, too. Plus I like the way the Mirage looks (but it's a secondary thing).

I love my G3. I saw a lot of Odysseys in Florida and I just wondered what the difference was. Although I have heard that most professional teams at Nationals, etc. support the Javelins. Why do you think this is? Sponsorships or personal preference?
Nathan

Sun Path are excellent marketers. They really are. Put your name out there, tell everyone you're number 1 and people will buy it - and they have. Believe me, those guys have a sweet deal. Relative workshop decided to pull out of sponsoring teams, they have their reasons, I'm sure. Sun Path has picked up the slack in a big way, mroe power to them. Hey, whatever works. "if it's free, it's for me" works for many people.

no, they wouldn't jump an inferior rig, BUT.... if they are comfortable with it, and they are getting a better sponsorship than another brand, that may sway the decision a bit. Javelin makes a decent rig, they really do, but in my opinion, the engineering is just that much [index finger and thump held a little ways apart] better for my money.

Actually, the improved leg strap tension adjusters, riser inserts, and stainless steel hardware are standard on all Sunpath rigs now. I recently bought a stardard Javelin and was happily suprised to find all of the above at no extra cost. I did, however, have to pay extra to have "Javelin" sewn on the sides, but hey, it looks cool. The only things different on the Oddessy are the laterals and wider leg straps for comfort.
- Dan G