thrillseek

Icarus Omega??

I have a Omega 210 7 cell, and I'm pretty happy with it.. Toggle pressure is a little hard.. flys great. biggest thing i can warn you about is the snivel openings... as Kreg about it.. he has one also and has the same problem... if you haven't jumped one yet.. Do NOT pack for a snivel... becuase you will have your hands on your reserve after the first grand.. really.. I pack for NO SNIVEL..Kreg taught me to leave the center cell open.. it helps out.. but don't be alarmed. I love the openings.. but still get that occasional "open.. open.. open..ahhh yahhh".. LOL..
Are you buying new or used?
Blue skies & sunset jumps
...Tina

Icarus Omega is a slightly tapered 7-cell that competes directly with PD's Spectre. This class of canopy is one notch faster than Triathlon, but slower than Diablo. They are designed for casual, recreational jumpers, but their soft/slow openings have endeared them to videographers. Tapering means light toggle pressures and quick turns.
Because they don't glide as flat as - say a 9-cell Safire - they require more graceful technique to turf surf. But a chick placed a a recent blade-running competition in Perris with a Spectre. She was probably much smoother on the toggles than the guys.
Because Omegas are designed for casual recreational jumping, plan on a moderate wing-loading, say 1.2 -> 1.5 pounds per square foot.
If the Omega - you are planning to buy - has 300 jumps, ask a rigger to take a long hard look at line trim. Lines on lightly loaded canopies like this usually last 600 -> 800 jumps.