Jessica

Jumpsuit dye job?

Dying anything besides a cotton based or cotton like (hemp, etc) fabric doesn't work very well, atleast in my experience. I was using the box dyes you can buy at wal-mart, there may be a better dye for situations like that.
Maybe you shoud just try, buy a couple boxes of black dye at wally world, and dump it all in the wash. If you do this at a coin-op, don't let the manager/workers see you, that generally pisses them off (I got kicked out of one when I was making my guille suit a few years ago:D).
"Alright, at 4500 lets break it, turn 360 and track away..."

My girlfriend used to do a lot of tye die. If the fabric is not 100% cotton, it will not take the dye as well. You may need to dye it more than once, and it will fade more easily. And don't buy the cheap dye if you don't want it to look crappy. I can't remember what the good stuff is called, but she used to get it off the web.
- Dan G

I had the same plan a while back. I bought a box of Ritz, black die. There were different types of material that accepted the die better than others. I ended up with kind of a gray jump suit with black grippers. I probably should have left it be. It didn't turn out too well. Steve