FallinWoman

Reserve date card???

Ok, maybe I am just being stupid, but...
I got home with my brand spankin' new rig and went to inspect the card that show the reserve pack date.
One of two things is true.
1. I don't know where to find said card on my Mirage
2. There isn't one.
Am I supposed to fill out the card? Is my rigger??
I am feeling really stupid!!

Your rigger need to fill out their info when they repack the reserve. The card holder should be in a little pouch on the backside of lift web, little below 3-rings. If its a new rig then the card might still be in the owners packet.
Do I HAVE to do another raft dive??? :)

Don't feel stupid, I thought the same thing when I got my new Mirage.. I was too used to it being under the reserve flap.
Make sure when you put it back in, you put it back, and then get that black flap (with serial # and stuff) back over top of the card so it doesn't have a chance to accidently fall out
Then, I saw these two guys swoopin across the pond, and I was like 'weeeeeee!!!!'

Will someone please explain to me why every manufacturer hides the reserve packing data card in a different location?
I am beginning to suspect that it is all a capitalist plot to drive parachutists insane.
... don't know about you, but I am rapidly loosing touch with reality!

Will someone please explain to me why every manufacturer hides the reserve packing data card in a different location?
I am beginning to suspect that it is all a capitalist plot to drive parachutists insane.
... don't know about you, but I am rapidly loosing touch with reality!

And just when you think you have found all the different locations, they come up with new ones.:P

Not to worry, reality is over rated.:)
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Isn't it a rule that the packing data card "HAS" to be with the rig at all times while rig is in service????

................................................................................................

A card only has to be available (nearby) for inspection.
Many jumpers keep reserve data cards with their logbooks.
By the same logic, cards for most school parachute hide in a filing cabinet in the manifest office.

I don't know about Canadian rules, but for the U.S., FAR 65.131(c) says that Each certificated rigger who packs a parachute shall write, on the parachute packing record attached to the parachute,.....
I think the card is supposed to remain with the parachute.
You don't have to outrun the bear.