machine

Nvertigo/Bonehead Mindwarp

I have an Nvertigo X and I love it. It's light and very comfortable. I dont piddle with the adjustment dial so I havent had any problems. The Pimp Daddy is way cool though. Cant beat the Tiger stripe fabric on the chin strap and they are Carbon Fiber so you wont get a stronger helmet. I just got the Nvertigo cause it has flat spots for cameras.
"I've got pieces of corn in my crap bigger than him" -Fat Bastard
Clay

The Nvertigo has been discontinued by the manufacturer in favor of their new freefly helmet, the Hurricane. They are still making the Nvertigo X, which has flat sides and a small flat area on the top for mounting cameras.
Best way to decide what helmet is right for you is to try some on. Everybody's face and head shape is different and each helmet brand is a little different - for example, the Nvertigo seems to fit those with slim faces best. You'll probably find that one helmet style fits your head/face better than the others if you take the time to try some on.
pull and flare,
lisa
---
I chose the road less traveled. Now where the hell am I?

I have a round face with chubby cheeks (when I smile, which is a lot) so maybe that's why I like my BH Mindwarp so well! That velvet covered chin strap is the bomb too.
I still have my Factory Diver full-face helmet but don't wear it very often, because I like the Mindwarp so much, no matter what kind of jumping I am doing! I tried a new one on at the DZ and liked it, so later I bought one. You can bake them to make them fit you better too and that's another cool feature!
But you should still try some on and see what you like best.
Sis
I lust for the ultimate rush..."

I have a round face with chubby cheeks

Nice! Better for tweaking! Anyway, I too am a Bonehead Mindwarp (fully factory custom painted and pimped, of course) kind of guy. Did you say you were going to mount a camera? If not, then I definitely recommend the Mindwarp. You cook it and form it to your head for a truly custom fit. I never liked Invertigos because of the way the chin pieces were; very brittle. I have several friends who broke them putting them on their heads. The replacement, the Hurricane, is a nicer helmet in my opinion. I wouldn't jump an Invertigo X for any reason unless I was putting cameras on it, but in that case I would just buy a proper camera helmet, like a Bat rack.
Chuck

I do not pay retail for parachute gear, but I think the cost for a custom, factory paint job is $100. Those that have seen mine can attest to it's righteousness. I mean it is fucking bad-ass! Chris (the owner of Bonehead) personally painted mine. There are plenty of people that do great jobs doing custom paint on helmets nowadays. Aloha Air is outstanding and every one of theirs is different. I just had my wife's Mindwarp painted by a motorcycle painter. Very nice.
Chuck

i have an nvertigo and absolutely love it. before this i was jumping an old second hand protec that was wayyyyy to big for me. before i brought a helmet i tried on dozens of different sizes/brands.
i brought the nvertigo because:
A) The fit is amazing. I have a problem with chin straps (if i can feel em, i dont like em) but the nvertigo hugs my jaw, and takes the pressure off of my voice box area (best way to describe that skin under your mouth.)
B) the design. Its simple, but nice.
C) the adjustor on the back. I can wear my helmet comfortably loose and tighten it a few minutes before jump run. Also, with the shape of my face (narrow and thin) it seems to fit so well. I can take the helmet off without pushing in and releasing the 'tightness' as i demonstrated when we were forced to abort jump run and fly the plane down. I forgot to push the button in and just took it off. No problems there.
D) the ability to mount 2 audibles. I plan on using my helmet for a long time to come, and since i plan to freefly my ass off, a second audible is feasible in the future.
E) my goggles sit nicely on the front of the helmet when I have it on. Meaning, i can get completely ready at 9,000 feet and when its time to get ready to exit all i have to do is pull the goggles down and tighten the helmet up a notch or two.
Try on different brands. see what you like. Its your head. make sure its comfortable.
kel
"It's funny how being in the sky can help me get my feet back on the ground."
~Michele

I have a Bonehead and it is the ONLY helmet that I found that fits my hugh gargantuan head!! ("its like an orange on a tooth pick")
The problem with Boneheads are the external AA mount. You CAN NOT use it as it is designed. The way its designed you can't hear the AA AND one good riser strike and your AA is gone forever.
Everybody I see has wrapped their AA in tape and most people cut new hole in the internal padding, which doesn't line up with the hole in the helmet. Other people I've talked with have cut new holes in the helmet and remount the AA lower, closer to their ear.
hope it helps.
Danhole

("its like an orange on a tooth pick")

"Move that mellon of yours and fetch the paper if you can! I'm not kiddin, that boy's got a head like SPUTNIK; spherical, yet quite pointy in parts. It's a virual PLANETOID; it's got it's own weather system! HEAD, PAPER, NOW!"
I could go on all day.
Chuck

I have a Bonehead which is great, but I have had (minor) problems with the audible port - the holes in the liner and helmet don't match up so unless you recut some of the liner you can't really hear your audible at freefall speed. I know of at least one other owner who had the same problem - he showed me how he had fixed his. This isn't really a reason not to buy this helmet - if you have the right shaped head it is incredibly comfortable, but it is an annoyance.