skybytch

Sabre2

*skirting the edges of spam*
The Sabre2 is now available for ordering through select PD dealers.
According to PD -
* "It is more forgiving of packing techniques than the original Sabre with soft, on-heading openings easily achieved.
* The Sabre2 has a slightly flatter glide angle (at full glide) than the original Sabre and offers more responsive handling than the original Sabre, without being overly sensitive.
* The Sabre2 has been designed "from the ground up" to be easy to fly, with lighter toggle and riser pressures than the original Sabre and when it comes to landings, it has more low speed lift than even the original
Sabre."
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

ROFLMAO - Oh Gawd dude, you're killing me... can't... stop... laughing! Eyes are watering... OH GAWD, here come the stomach cramps!!!
It's amazing how much we've been thinking alike today!
"If words were wisdom, I'd be talkin' even more.."

I do believe they tapered the ends to help relieve toggle and riser pressure. I cant wait to try it, I am already on the waiting list for a demo. They told me it is going to be 3-4 weeks until they start sending out demo's. They are taking all the brand new demo's on tour big boogie's like Quincy and such.

Have you actually seen one yet?

No! dammit. But I ordered a bunch for our stock yesterday... so I should actually be able to touch one in 10-12 weeks...
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I am a nobody.
Nobody's perfect.
Therefore, I am perfect!

They take a long time to release their products.
Vengeance...good parachute...released way late.
Velocity...good parachute (albeit extreme)...released way late.
They refute that Sabres open hard..'it's packing technique'. But it was the first 9cell ZP here and it took the market by storm.
Stilleto was a definite winner though
Icarus has been kicking their ass by releasing products pretty quickly (FX, VX), already the crossfire is taking off
Now I like the work they put inot a product and everyone loves stilletos even if they don't jump them anymore.
Maybe they can recapture a bit of the square 9 cell market again before Precision releases all their new canopies.
bloo ones
ramon

A certain mid-West DZ has a couple of Sabre 2 190's for thier student program, I guess to start replacing the safires. They are very slightly ellipticle, and man, let me tell you - when you pop the brakes - you feel the speed difference between them and saf's - haven't seen the spec on the aspect ratio yet, so my opinion is rather subjective. I ended up with a bad spot on Sunday (WAY out there), with no winds and ended up putting down in a soybean field, PLF'd the landing and ended up cutting a good 20 to 25 foot path through the field, on my back - the packer ended up picking soy plants out of the rig for a good 5 minutes :) I'd say for the upper end novice, it is a fun canopy to play with. Can't wait till they pick up a few 170's.

OK, here it is in black and white.... Yes, it is out already, yes, it is taperd on the ends, No, it didn't seem to have any diff. from my Sabre (1)haha opinion given after 15 jumps. No, it isn't eaiser packing then the orig., Yes, it does have less pressure to toggle responce. Hope this clears any questions....