mik

This site is soooo slow now

Every time I go to any new page, it takes anything between 5 and 30 seconds before I can do anything.. site appears to be frozen... Most frustrating.

If performance or stress testing was performed before the upgrade, something is clearly wrong.

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Have you tried firefox?

Users shouldn't have to switch to a different browser to get the standard performance. IE and Netscape are widely used browsers and this forum should work properly with those browsers.

The solution is not for everyone to switch to Firefox. The solution is for Dropzone.com to fix it's problems so it works with all browsers.

Its just part of standard IT debugging though. If both are slow, maybe its the site, maybe its a certain combination of operating systems. If only 1 browser is slow, then maybe see if they're running the latest version of one. Its impossible for someone to have access to every possible type of browser/operating system, and just having a complaint of "Its Slow" without knowing that you're running XP with SP1 and IE version 6 and not 7 and whatever - it matters. Maybe its an issue of bandwidth or memory - maybe its slower for some people who have slower connections but not noticable to people on fast connections. Maybe its a memory issue - if a computer has plenty of memory it might not be slower while if you don't it will be. There's a thousand different possibilities.

That's why if people try different things and get info its far easier to fix. If the techie person doesn't know whether a person is on a Mac or a PC, running Safari, Opera, Firefox, Netscape IE or whatever, what versions of that - that stuff matters.

There's a thousand possibilities why it might be slower for some people and not for others - the more info the better.

It's very slow, no matter what.

I access DZ.com from about 8 different computers at multiple locations, sometimes in different U.S. states. Some use IE, some use Firefox. I also occasionally use Netscape just to see if there's a difference.

Always very slow, no matter the variable.