PLFXpert

Forums SLOOOW

I have a lot of extra protection on my new computer, so it might be something I need to enable or disable or whatever, but out of all the regular websites I visit, DZ.com is the only one that seems to be taking a while whenever I click on anything in the forums.

Every other website processes almost instantly.

Is it me or is it a DZ.com bug?
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I think it's only been, like, a week or so.

I don't know.

Cookies sound good, though.:P

Actually, I notice it most in Bonfire. The other forums seem to move at a decent pace; still slower than any other websites I normaly visit, however.[:/]

I started noticing page loads were a lot slower when the google ads were added. [:/] Edited to be more specific: while a page/forum is loading, when I look in the status bar on the bottom of my browser, I often see "waiting for ..." and "transferring data from ..." messages with google-analytics urls.

It'd be nice if those could be turned off for Premier Members.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

There you go flauntin' your goodies all around.:P

Nope, just acknowledging that if I don't pay to support the site I can't exactly bitch about the things (like google ads) that *do* support the site. But since I do pay for it, I like the fact that HH has responded to some of the concerns (like the Aerodyne links in posts) by turning them off for premier members.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I didn't need an explanation, silly. :P

Now that you mention it, though, I remember wondering why any time I typed the word icon it linked to a website.:D

Anywho...just didn't know if I needed to enable/disable something that was causing dz.com to be so slow for me. Sounds like it's not just me, though.:)

I hate it when it looks that you're right...

Hey now.:P Is that a personal attack? :D:D:D

I'll have a look at this.

Willem, let me add my two cents' worth that I am of the opinion that the ads are at the bottom of this:

when I load the forums' main page it takes 5-10 seconds before the flags indicating which forums have new posts show up and when I got to a forum, it takes as long or longer to get the post status flags to show up -- in both cases, my status bar shows that the ad cycle is loading.

This is not a terrible thing, but certainly has impinged on my enjoyment of using the forums.

Edited to add that is happened when I went to preview this post -- this is becoming intolerable.