simon_uk

UK Forum

great idea!!!

I don't believe your insightful post is gong to help the cause at all.

Why is it a great idea? Give some real life examples of why this forum would better suit the needs of your sector of the skydiving community. Who is going to moderate it? Or do you expect that one of the current moderators should take on additional duties?

Don't get me wrong, HH has created new forums due to requests made here, but only after a real need has been demonstrated.

One reply in 5 days with no other support than "Great Idea!" does not show much need, does it?

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

The Queen's English isn't THAT much of a foreign language, is it? ;)

Seriously, I always saw the international forums more as a place for the folks that don't primarily speak English to be able to discuss skydiving than as a "regional forum". I could be wrong on that, though.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

And even if English isn't our first language, we never ask for our own regional forum 'cause we don't need it :P

Wij kunnen prima engels.....

I always figured you guys spend half the year over here where it's warm, anyway!! ;)

A person who speaks 3 languages is trilingual

A person who speaks 2 languages is bilingual

A person who speaks 1 language is either American or English!! ;):PB|:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You can almost guarantee that the first 5 posts in reply to someone asking about skydiving in the UK will cite the USPA, suggest going to Perris, note a BSR, claim they're breaking an FAA regulation or make some other completely inappropriate suggestion irrespective of how many times the original question highlighted the fact they were talking about jumping in the UK.

And that's where the original poster bothers to mention their location or fill out their profile.

That's pretty much the only cast iron reason I can come up with... but it also goes for many other countries too... it's just it probably happens with the UK most as they're more prevalent here.

Other than that it would probably simply be a place for people to meet other UK jumpers. Perhaps all the dozens of threads started by the London Skydivers would be easier placed there rather their being scattered across the site? Perhaps the fact that UK regs are very different alone is enough?

One other point would be... why not? Would it cause a problem or safety issue or detract from the site in some way? I can't see that it would. Might solve a couple of very minor ones though – might even increase overall traffic as more uk jumpers might be tempted to come visit their dedicated area and stay for the rest of the site.

I'm guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised if UK jumpers were the second most prevalent on here – why not cater to them? It's not as if it's an American site after all.

Personally I don't think it'll happen yet. It's been asked for before - I presume there's not enough need for it or time simply hasn't allowed. Either way, creation of a UK only forum would simply increase the perception that this is a US site with hangers on... exactly the opposite of what I think HH is after

Dude, your included within the UK (United Kingdom)..England, Scotland, Wales and N.Ireland ..:P;)

-------------------------------------------------
Please forgive the sp errors, I have dyslexia. Don't laugh ... the last time i went to a toga party, I went dressed as a goat !!