CDRINF

Memorial Page?

I would like to see us have a memorial page for our fellow jumpers who have died in the sport or jump plane crashes. I was just out in Hawaii and behind the DZ at Dillingham Field is a large rock with a plaque memorializing 11 jumpers who died 5 December 1981. I was curious and did an internet search. I found only two references to the incident and found nothing that told these skydivers' story. I found it sad that their story is apparantly being forgotten. At another club DZ, I once found a dusty plaque in a box and discovered that it memorialized the club's one fatality in 40 years. No one could remember the person or the incident since it had happened 25 years ago. I have seen several such memorials at DZs, and over time, it just becomes a list of names with no one to tell the story.

I would like to see something along the lines of a eulogy page, broken down by year with the jumper's name, date and location of death as a minimum, and then a way for friends to post thoughts about the person.

Just a thought.

CDR

Just a thought.

And a good one at that.

I like the idea of honoring our fallen brethren.

Maybe list them in alphabetical order, and make them sticky ?

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Tis an excellent idea. With the anniversary of losing holly coming up in 11 days...i would love to honor our fallen freinds.

there is a new tree at Eloy btw...i missed its planting but i'm glad its finally there...

Great idea, I have thought about that myself. I have unfortunately known too many skydivers who have died; many of them didn't even die necessarily from skydiving but from other causes. It would be nice to post pictures and sayings/quotes that they would say to remember them by. There's really no "place" to post any of these memories.
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."