faulknerwn

Add CC and forward options to mail

Wendy,

When you read an email there's a row of buttons just below the email header information and just above the actual body. Click on the "forward" or "reply" buttons and you'll be presented with CC and BCC fields again before you send it off.
Safe swoops
Sangiro

Wendy,

When you read an email there's a row of buttons just below the email header information and just above the actual body. Click on the "forward" or "reply" buttons and you'll be presented with CC and BCC fields again before you send it off.

Ok. I thought this was at first a mozilla thing (I use it both on my Mac at home and my Linux box at work) but even when I brought it up on a Windows box using IE I still don't see any buttons!

I see the subject showing up in white in a solid dark blue line. I see the person/date on the left in blue, then the message in pale blue right beside it. Below that is a choice of "return to message list, delete and reply." I don't see _any_ buttons when I'm reading an email. The only choice I have is to reply.

When I click reply, I don't see any options for CC or BCC.....
??????????????????????????????

Aha! I think I figured out part of it - I didn't realize there were 2 different mail programs on here. The only one I've ever used/seen before was the private message one under the forums. That's what I always end up using because I'm usually replying to a forum post.

I take it the other one is just for regular email? Using a GUI for email is too painful for my taste so I'll pass on that and stick with Unix. But is it possible to CC private messages and such?

W

Using a GUI for email is too painful for my taste so I'll pass on that and stick with Unix.

Wow. A real geek. A straight ahead command line mailx user. Whew, I'm impressed. ;)
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

I use plain old "mail" for quick emails. Generally use elm for most stuff, pine occasionally though I mostly find pine annoying. I do like mutt as well tho :-)
W

:$:$:$

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Using a GUI for email is too painful for my taste so I'll pass on that and stick with Unix.

Wow. A real geek. A straight ahead command line mailx user. Whew, I'm impressed. ;)

I used to get a chuckle out of people trying to use the mouse in Unix/Pine in college... :)

--
Hook high, flare on time

I use plain old "mail" for quick emails. Generally use elm for most stuff, pine occasionally though I mostly find pine annoying. I do like mutt as well tho :-)

PINE. PINE is not Elm.

Aint recursion cool?

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.