Andrewwhyte

Strong Dual Hawk bag velcro

Yea I remember, my bitching comment, said, "all those in the industry bitching".... not "all of you in this thread bitching" ;)

In the last 25 yrs, it has been my exp. that those who bitch the most about a strong ALS tandem D-bag and using them un-sewn or for having to sew them, have not been problem solvers on the dz, they are the ones who spend useless energy bitching about shit and very little to any time devoted to lending a hand to solve problems, there for they make more problems for those who regularly work hard running the dz and solving problems.

There has always been 3 simple things you could do to make it a non issue, not even worthy of a poll IMHO, none of them require much time or effort.

1. Call Strong and order sewn shut bags, for what they charge for them, you should get your ass kissed with a thank you and one of those little mint squares.

2. use them as is with the velcro and replace as needed for little time/cost.

3. Sew them shut and move on

Problem solved.:D

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

[:/] Uh, no one is bitching, this was a poll, remember??

Well no, I was bitching. As I am not the owner, nor am I in the maintenance dep't neither the ordering nor the 'shut up and sew it shut' options are open to me.
I have to say I am very surprised by the poll results. I have never seen anyone use the velcro more than once or twice when tandem first came to our DZ.

The only people who sew them shut are to lazy to replace the worn velcro in the rigging loft, because after all 1/2 hour and 30 cent velcro is to much cost and time to maintain the gear.

I have sewn many brand news ones shut
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

as I had the opportunity to pack an "open" bag with brand new velcro with a fairly new canopy this weekend I'll have to say that I actually like packing these kind of pods. once you get the trick its simple and quick :)

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666