skydived19006

Tandem Student Hands

If/when your student does not assist all the way to the ground, what do you have them do with your hands?

I typically have them grab their harness at their chest, but this puts their hands very near the handles on my harness. Obviously if a student ever pulled a main release handle down low we'd both die.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

I have them grab their knees to help lift their feet up if they had any issues do so higher. Gives them some place to put their hands that is far away from me and puts their feet up more. If they were great on the practices up top with their feet then I have them put the hands in the loops I created on the Sigma harness during adjustment, if they pull then they just make the harness tighter.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

:)
When no steering or on the toggles the student hands should be at the student's belly / knees aera far away from the Ti's cutaway & reserve handles.

Also if the student is on the toggles & from any reason let go & try to regrip the toggle he/she might catch any handle at that level.

Watch the student hands at all time & watch both hands & legs at landing approch = hands assist the legs for High Hold & legs are Not Crossed.

Happy New Year !!!