ILikePizza

How should I split up my time?

I'm headed to Perris in a couple weeks and have done a quick read through a few posts on 'first time' in the tunnel (beer). Lots of good tips to think about.

However, i see a lot of people saying the tunnel is hard work. How does this compare to a jump for 14k?

I got 10 minutes. Would anyone suggest breaking it up? I asked for two 5 minute blocks.

I'm planning on jumping as well that day. Does it make sense to mix the tunnel in with the jumps?

...Just looking for some advice on how best to work out kinks in belly flying too.

Thanks!
...And I'm not gonna not get Randy Jackson's autograph...
Did we just become best friends?

D.S. #1000000

You need to make sure the tunnel knows you want to share your time with another parson or group. If you try to fly for 10 straight minutes (or even 5) you will be hating life. A good rotation is where you fly for 1-2 minutes and out at least two minutes. You can fly all 10 minutes in one session, but that session should be about an hour long.

Some aspects are different but each minute in the tunnel is similar to a one minute free fall. Mixing freefall with tunnel is fine, but recognize that your body will become more exhausted with each tunnel minute or freefall you do. Pack for yourself and the fatigue will increase.

Enjoy the tunnel and Perris. It is a great DZ.
John
Arizona Hiking Trails

i would recommend with my limited tunnel experience just going and doing 5 sets of 2min each in 1 shot, hopefully with a coach. i think it will be a lot more beneficial for you to do that b/c you will learn everything much faster and be able to fix what you messed up the minute prior just after. no need to wait to fix it...my $.03
IHYD

Are you suggesting he fly 10 minutes straight? In my experience, you learn more effectively when you get a moment to catch your breath and reflect between rotations.

My preference when flying 10 minutes is to do so in a 30 or 60 minute block.

My first time in the tunnel I did a 10 minute session. It was split up with another guy doing 2 in and 2 out. That seemed to work perfectlyfor me and I progressed tremendously in that 10 minutes of tunnel time. With that being said I was sore for the next few days. The tunnel takes a lot more out of you than you would think that it does.I couldn't imagine doing 10 minutes straight.