FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Tunnel Time Logging

Skyventure Houston? I thought that got squashed.

Anyway, I record tunnel-time in my skydiving log book, just so I don't have to keep an additional log. Plus I don't fly in tunnels that often anyway.
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!

I have a different book but that's cause I'm tunnel only now and have 25+ hours logged.

You can always just add it in to your current log book and have 2 running totals, one for sky, one tunnel. I like having mine seperate though.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Yep, I use a different book too. My notes on tunnel stuff get lengthy at times.

Although, I have seen at least one skydiver logging his tunnel time in his jump log. He had about three hours, and wanted to be able to conviently show any interested parties his jump and tunnel experience in one easy way.

Cheers

well since this hasnt been moved, i guess ill keep it going ;) I was surfin the search feature and found out the the USPA doesnt recognize tunnel time. is that right? cuase it would seem to me that tunnel time would be an advantage to someone such as myself with little experience wanting to gain more control over my body on freefall.

again if a mod sees this and wants to move it please do so to the correct location. thanks!

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

No, the US Parachute Association, does not recognize tunnel time as counting towards any requirement. Can you become a better skydiver by flying in the tunnel, yes, but only the freefall part. You can't practice: exits, spotting, canopy flight, gear/safety checks, break-off, tracking, altitude awareness, emergency procedures, etc, etc... all of which is part of becoming a skydiver.

I know someone will bitch and say you can track in a tunnel, but forward motion is not a maximum performance track, the likes of which is mandatory after a group jump.

My $0.02, take it or leave it
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!

I had quite a bit of tunnel time, alot more than I actually needed, before I did AFF. If you can afford it 20-30 mins in a tunnel I think would be very helpful in getting you familar with freefall and help you acquire some basic skills, stability and turns etc that will hopefully enable you to get through your AFF levels on the first try. Have you noticed the recurring posts about people failing levels for wobbling or being unable to stop turning?

Why log tunnel time?????

Why not? Why log any jump? :P

I log my tunnel time in my log book but it is above a jump and isn't included in freefall time or (obviously) jump numbers. I keep track of it just to see how much tunnel time I accumulate.
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

they haven't broken ground. i think we decided the pic on the website is a modified orlando tunnel. i asked a while back and got my answer here- http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1436763;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
also - http://dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1712531
maybe dallas or san antonio is more likely? i'm surprised they are putting up so many so close on the west coast. i guess as long as they profit B|

but as far as your question goes, unless your a serious tunnel rat, you can mark your time on that blank page in your log book. that's what i did anyway.:)
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Why log tunnel time?????

I log my tunnel time separately.

I just write down date, how many minutes, who was my coach. I do so many drills in there, many repeated often, that I don't bother writing details. Plus I have the videos to watch if I want to remember details.

Then I sum up the minutes, multiply by $12.

Then I realize how much cheaper HEROIN or CRACK is than my TUNNEL ADDICTION!!!! :o

marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton