flyangel2

Ground breaking of Colorado Tunnel

Just got an e-mail from Norm, and he'd like me to pass on the information.

Mary,
Sorry for the short notice. Wanted to let you know we are having the ground breaking ceremony tomorrow at 2pm Wednesday the 8th at the site. 9230 Park Meadows Drive. Next to Brunswick. We would love to see you there and any one you would like to invite.

Thanks,

Norm Rosendale

He also says:

That they are going to have "a drawing at Mile High Sky Diving boogie this week end."
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Whooooo! Can't wait to get out there and fly the tunnel.

I can't wait to get a PMTS delegate out there too :)
Could you also pass on my info for someone who is selling their rig and taking a tunnel tour this summer to induct delegates and girls!!!!

I really shouldn't be posting drunk, pardon errors :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Just got an e-mail from Norm, and he'd like me to pass on the information.

Mary,
Sorry for the short notice. Wanted to let you know we are having the ground breaking ceremony tomorrow at 2pm Wednesday the 8th at the site. 9230 Park Meadows Drive. Next to Brunswick. We would love to see you there and any one you would like to invite.

Thanks,

Norm Rosendale

He also says:

That they are going to have "a drawing at Mile High Sky Diving boogie this week end."

While I was too busy to stop and get out of the car - I did drive by on the way to an appointment and SAW WITH MY OWN EYES ground being broken... Pigs are flying and the fat lady is singing - Colorado will have a tunnel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

My new Skis & Boots are beggin for a trip out west!!
Another wonderful excuse to write off a ski trip!

come fly the tunnel with me and i'll give ya a free ski lesson!!:P:P:P:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hey now that's nice! If I wasn't married to a 25 yr skier and ex ski patroller I'd take you up on that! But we can still make a few runs together!

then make a few flights together!!!!

you mean you'd take 25 years of experience over 12 years of cockyness and pure badass!!!:P i'm hurt:(

sounds like a deal to me!!

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

My question is - how will the higher altitude affect tunnel design? The fan design and/or RPM is certainly going to have to be different; I wonder if that will drive a change to the motors or controllers?

Since it is a recirculating tunnel, I think there is much more in "design changes" than just motor design... From what I have been told, a lot of the engineering is brand-spanking-new (cutting edge) on this beast... Pumping air in circles is gotta be much different than pumping air thru a tube.:P

My question is - how will the higher altitude affect tunnel design? The fan design and/or RPM is certainly going to have to be different; I wonder if that will drive a change to the motors or controllers?

Bill, you know me by now, I am the wrong person to ask those kind of questions to. What the hell do I know, I just in the tunnels and fly.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I'm sure this is a newb question, but I did a search and couldn't find what I was looking for. How much does a tunnel cost to build? No I'm not thinking about getting one or anything like that, but was just wondering.

Thanks

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Wow! That's wierd.. any vertical wind tunnel sales search should turn up 2 outta 3 of my sites at least..
www.bodyflightconcepts.com and www.bodyflight.net both list tunnels, sale prices, new construction & used tunnels..

Summary:
Portable tunnel - 150k - 750k
Stationary SV or L1 Tunnel - 2 - 6 million

Pink Suits, Blue Skies & Fast Air,
Dawn Suiter PMTS #3