Cookiemunster

Wind Tunnel in Colorado

LATEST update!!!!

We flew! Norm and Joe (owners) flew today! I was in the chamber as one of the instuctors..(got a minute or two myself!)..it's sha-weeeeet!!

Still a little way to go till we're ready for customers but we're almost there!:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Man, I drove to the tunnel today on my way back from Colorado Springs but I just sat in the parking lot and stared at the beauty for a minute before hurrying to school. Good thing I didn't know there was some FLYING going on or I would have skipped class!!! B| How was it???

Here is how it was:
http://www.skyventurecolorado.com/photo/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=0

Congratulations to Norm, Joe and the rest of the gang for all your efforts throughout those years. You guys did an awesome job building this one-of-a-kind facility and I'm glad I got to witness that first flight... a jumpsuit, a couple of cowboy boots and a smile on your face! :)

fab news and well done everyone for getting it up and running and not tearing all your hair out while fixing or waiting for others to fix things (what I probably would have done!) B|B|

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

There is 1 dedicated de-brief room, and a second room that is for b-day parties, corporate meetings, ect that can also be used as a de-brief room if needed. Of course the sushi place next door (which I highly recommend the mango rolls) or the bar next door can also be used. :D:P
Fly it like you stole it!

I "hears" a rumor you'll be "near" another tunnel in the spring. I am working on a trip to be "near" same said tunnel in the spring.

Maybe we will see each other under the "green glass", but my guys are bringing e and e clothes:P.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

So whats the word on de-briefing rooms, r there any or will we be forced into the restraunt next door to watch our videos over margaritas;)

not like there's anything wrong with that.

frankly, the tunnel staff should be actively working on a debrief room IN the restaurant with discounts on pitchers.

that would make more sense to me, but what do I know?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

frankly, the tunnel staff should be actively working on a debrief room IN the restaurant with discounts on pitchers.

Hey!>:(

We're working on securing out personal discounts first!:P

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We are really lucky to be located near so many awesome restaurants. If you guys haven't checked out the neighborhood, you should really drive by and see what a fantastic location we've got!

As far as the space in the tunnel itself goes -- as Kelli said, we'll have a great de-brief room available. I think you'll all also be surprised by the amount of room we'll have on the observation level. There will be plenty of space for everyone to get on the creepers, etc... And while I have nothing to really compare it to, I've heard that our ante-chamber itself is also really nice and spacious.

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.

Maybe we will see each other under the "green glass", but my guys are bringing e and e clothes

dude i'm on an ODA, you know we go nowhere without those!!

let me know if you'll be there and we'll hit the tunnel together on our off time.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I apologize for the late night post -- but I just wanted to let everyone know that this tunnel kicks ass!

It was 37 degrees outside the tunnel tonight -- and, ya ready for this?....80 degrees inside!!!! How's that for climate control! It could have been a little cooler had they wanted it to be, but I guess that 80 felt just about right for a February flight;)

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.

B|B|B|

It's good to be us sometimes......:P

You don't have to rub it in JP! :P You know it's me Brett right? We met at Philippe's place. Anyway, if I get down to the tunnel in the afternoon today or heck, anytime tomorrow... is there anything I can um.... help out with? :)

Ok...I am late on this...but does JP now live out here in Colorado?:)
The tunnel is great...I have stopped by a few times and plan on stopping by again either tonight or tomorrow..:)

Joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.