AlanA4

Quick Interview Questions PLEASE HELP ME

Hey guys. I am doing a project for my Recreation class on Wingsuit Jumping and Skydiving. Along with the assignment I have to interview a few people. One of these people has to be sometone who has turned this into their career.

There are only 10 questions and I was hoping one of you guys had 10 minutes to take a look at the questions and help me learn more about the sport. Thank you guys so much!

Here are the questions:

1. How old were you when you made your first jump?
2. How high is the highest you have ever jumped from?
3. Financially does this sport keep you both happy and secure?
4. When did you realize that you enjoyed this enough to do it for the rest of your life?
5. How many jumps do you make in a year?
6. How do you feel about wing suiting?
7. Have you ever tried it and if not would you ever like to?
8. How dangerous is wing suiting in comparison to skydiving?
9. Have you ever had any situations where you feared for your life while jumping?
10. If you had to describe these freefalling sports in one word what would you chose?

Hey guys. I am doing a project for my Recreation class on Wingsuit Jumping and Skydiving. Along with the assignment I have to interview a few people. One of these people has to be sometone who has turned this into their career.

There are only 10 questions and I was hoping one of you guys had 10 minutes to take a look at the questions and help me learn more about the sport. Thank you guys so much!

I answered your other questionnaire as well, I see you're asking different questions here and, though I'm not an instructor, I'm taking this quiz as well. :P

Here are the questions:

18000'

That's an answer to a meaningless question, really. It's not about how high you go, it's what you make of it.

N/A.

But very, very few people can scrape together a living on skydiving, let alone achieving financial security.

4. When did you realize that you enjoyed this enough to do it for the rest of your life?

N/A.

Tandem instructors tend to make many more jumps than fun jumpers, but tandem jumping is very different from other disciplines.

Keep in mind the skills and responsibilities of tandem instructors, AFF instructors, S/L instructors and "ground" instructors are very different.

From an instructor's perspective, it's an advanced discipline which touches on skydiving but has its own additional hazards and skill-sets. There has recently been talk among wingsuiters (not all of them instructors) that wingsuiting is more different from other skydiving disciplines than any other discipline, and I think that idea has merit. Tracking and Atmonauti (angled flying) tend towards wingsuit flying more than towards other disciplines in this respect, though, though without the additional difficulties of a wingsuit.

Yes.

On a scale of 1 to 10, where crossing a busy street is a 4, skydiving is a 6 and quarrelling with the wife is 11, about a 7.

9. Have you ever had any situations where you feared for your life while jumping?

Not while jumping, I was too busy solving my immediate problems. With hindsight, yes.

10. If you had to describe these freefalling sports in one word what would you chose?

Focus. Or maybe Flow. (In the Zen enlightenment sense of the word. See my other post. But in one word, that's a necessarily limited answer. It's much, much more than that. It's nowhere near as lonely as it suggests.)
Johan.
I am. I think.

1. 20 years old
2. 19,000 feet above sea level
3. Happy yes.
Financially secure? No, because I believe that professional skydiving instructors are way underpaid for the responsibility they take.
4.. Sometime back in the late 1980s.
5. 300 +
6. I enjoy wing-suiting
7. N/A
8. Wingsuiting is less dangerous than tandem or BASE and more dangerous than jumping with a camera.
9. I only feared for my life during my first few hundred jumps. Since then, the only thing that scared me was a tandem student hanging onto my hand at opening altitude.
10. Freefall is like flying, with the wind in my face.

Happy yes, secure? I own my home and am doing OK

after my first jump

about 1000

it's fun, but i only do it once or twice a year

about 20 jumps or so

Its a lot to deal with, but can be done very safely if you have the experience

No, not yet

Fun

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

1. 23
2. 24,000
3. No, You can pump gas and make more money.
4. After first jump
5. 1000 Jumps/Year
6. Sub Discipline within the sport, I do not wingsuit.
7. Yes I have.
8. Anytime you add another system to the sport it increases the odds that something will go wrong.
9. Yes, 10 Malfunctions in 8500 Jumps
10. Intense.

1. 16 years old
2. 24,000 feet above sea level (19,000 above ground)
3. It keeps me happy, but not very secure
4. From day one
5. 500-900
6. Meh. Have done some wingsuit jumps, but they didn't turn my crank as much as other people
7. See answer to number 6
8. A little more dangerous if something were to go wrong, but not incredibly more so. With adequate experience and training I would argue its hardly any more dangerous
9. Not really. I have had 10 reserve rides out of 4200 jumps, but all have been very manageable.
10. Party

Cheers,
Travis

45 (wish it was 18)

Bit late for that now I think, but who knows

after my first jump

37 so far, hope to do 100 next year

Want to try it one day

One day

Way beyond my experience level

No, not yet

Epiphany
Ian Purvis
http://www.loadupsoftware.com
LoadUp DZ Management App
[email protected]