Linas120

TM favourite freefall gestures

Some did so many antics -- fly, swim, , etc. it destroyed the video,

That is what I am talking about. I recently did one with a real camera hog. The instructor was flapping his arms, pretending to swim, covered his eyes, stuck his thumbs in his ears, pretended to take a nap on the students head (I hate that one) lots of hand gestures, etc. It was like the student wasn't even there.
Enthusiasm sure, just don't over do it. The focus should alwaybe on the student.

I feel the same way (especially the napping thing), but how do we know if the students like it or not?

Are there any former tandem students who had a video made who LIKED or DISLIKED the TM's antics?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

My wife, Vskydiver, has swooped maybe 80-100 tandems of mine, just for grins. She's really good, really safe, no problems. She swooped one of my passengers once, a foreign national from Pakistan, who, she could tell in freefall, and I could tell later on video, resented having her there. :S

I'm guessing he may have had a problem with women, since some cultures don't consider them equals, or maybe he just didn't want any distraction during his moment. I always ask the passengers if they would mind my wife jumping with us. Most of them enjoy the sight and really get a kick out of it. This guy, uh uh. But he didn't say anything.:|

I feel the same way (especially the napping thing), but how do we know if the students like it or not?

Are there any former tandem students who had a video made who LIKED or DISLIKED the TM's antics?

I think you should make that a poll in Gen Skydiving Discussions, could be interesting to hear the opinions of the masses

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I think you should make that a poll in Gen Skydiving Discussions, could be interesting to hear the opinions of the masses

Good idea, lets see if anyone votes...
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…