steveorino

Tandem Instructors, let's see your handcam videos

Yeah, I know the drogue in the burble by my head was a little scarey.***

This is a very good example of a tandem instructor that should NOT be doing handcam. The burble has nothing to do with it. You were paying more attention to the camera than the drogue throw.

It's really cool Steve! For me however it will never look as cool as outside video. I think it would be great to integrate the two together though! So you have the outside view of the freefall till opening and then add the handcam from opening so the passenger gets to see themself under canopy, that would rock. good job though! B|

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Wicked man, i feel really sorry for people who come through and don't want video (we don't get many) but i always have stills and a video lying nearby to show them and when i do most change their minds :)

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Nothing personal, but you put it out there so....

The video sucks...all about you and your tounge.
I'm not impressed.

Do you do handle checks or just geek the camera?

Please be on your game or your passenger pays the price

my .02 cents.....start flaming
Better you than me

No offense, but when I compare that video with the outside video I did last sunday, there is no comparison. We watched the video at work with a lot of whuffos ( generally they are the people we try to impress with Tandem videos). They loved the view of the passanger leaving the aircraft. They like the view of the ground with the tandem "plummeting" downwards. They also liked the close shots I did, like what you have on the handcam. They commented on how the chute looked during deployment.

There again, maybe I am just a vidiot trying to save my job [:/]

Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

No offence taken.I will never say which is better between the two forms of video.I being a TI and vidiot, I can not.[:/]My opinion is that both have there place and have to be looked as as such.
I have only had happy customers with both,okay one or two on both sides have been flops,but hey that happens:ph34r:

TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com

Nothing personal, but you put it out there so....

The video sucks...all about you and your tounge.
I'm not impressed.

Do you do handle checks or just geek the camera?

Please be on your game or your passenger pays the price

my .02 cents.....start flaming

No problem, after all it is only your opinion. I did the handle checks afer I tossed the drogue. I simply edit that out. You can see the transition where i edited the tape easily enough.

As far as the tongue ... well ... I honestly don't remember doing it as much as I do. It isn't always intentional.... just a quirk I have. :P

steveOrino

Nice one! It clearly demonstrates why some students after seeing good examples of both handcam and outside video why some prefer handcam. The initial response upon canopy deployment makes it very cool (IMHO) Plus, I think you get a sense of speed with hand cam you don't get with outside.

As a vidiot and TM I prefer outside video, but I can see why some prefer handcam.

Good job!

steveOrino