rhys

Tandems from a chopper any cool exits?

So I just started my new job doing tandems from a helcopter. I got 3 in last weekend and the first two exits were interesting. i launched too far forward and the momentum put me into forward loops. the last on however i did a base jump(i think) type exit and it was really smooth. just steped off into a standup and it levelled out perfectly.

does anyone have lots of experience jumping from choppers? i want to suss some cool exits it feels amazing to actuall feel the drop and excelleration!

I am usin a hand cam too. i havn't managed to capure the chopper as we fall away but i'll get that this weekend.

chopper rock!:D;)B|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

at the moment we are jumpin a squirrel 350 i think it is it climbs at 1500' min but we are only going to 10000' i did do a jump in a squirrel back in new zealand and we went to 15000' agl 16000'asl!!!

it was -18degC at 10000' last weekend and we take the doors off so it was fucking cold. i had no glove under my handcam glove so my fingers were fucking sore after the first jump but i snipped a glove at the wrist so i could put it under the hand cam glove and get the thing zipped up. that helped alot.

I hope it is warmer next weekend!:D:S[:/]
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Cool fun aren't they B|

I only have about 20 or so out of a chopper but I have found that putting my toes on the runner and hanging their legs over works well. As I lean forward and I start to feel myself go I push a little with my toes and a lot with my chest. Very stable flat exit. I think it gets a little head down just before the drouge throw.

As for getting the exit on cam, worry about that when you have your exits nailed.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

As for getting the exit on cam, worry about that when you have your exits nailed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes!

The key to catching a little footage of the jump aircraft is getting sideways - left shoulder low - for a few seconds.

How fast is that helicopter flying on jump run?
The faster he flies, the more "air" you have to work with.

I'm in norway!!

Only jumping in the weekendas at the moment, but on the 25th the dropzone just outside of stockholm is open during the week, they has a twin otter and a 20 place antanov somthing or other.

I see Naomi is going to be representing aussie in freetyle at the world! i t will be cool to catch up with her again.

what part of aus are you in bro! i'm planning on the equinox boogie on my way back home.

How fast is that helicopter flying on jump run?
The faster he flies, the more "air" you have to work with.

I'm not entirely sure? it feels like bugger all though i can't feel any pressure from the front of the aircraft but we are doing loads of two and we seem to have adiquate separation!

i cant wait for saturday!!:DB|

Only jumping in the weekendas at the moment, but on the 25th the dropzone just outside of stockholm is open during the week, they has a twin otter and a 20 place antanov somthing or other.

Nice. Why Scandanavia?

I see Naomi is going to be representing aussie in freetyle at the world! i t will be cool to catch up with her again.

Yup, she rocks! Hoping to spend Friday hanging out with her & a bunch of other skydivers at a teammate's BBQ.

what part of aus are you in bro! i'm planning on the equinox boogie on my way back home.

I'm in Sydney, but also hoping to make Equinox this year...

Nice. Why Scandanavia?

a job was advertised here on dz.com doing tandems from a chopper in Oslo, i was coming to europe for the worlds anyway, and in sweden they have cheap jump tickets from nice aircraft. that is onl an hour flight away from here.

Yup, she rocks! Hoping to spend Friday hanging out with her & a bunch of other skydivers at a teammate's BBQ.

Say hi to her for me! leigh and i will see her at the worlds, can you tell her we are now engaged?

I'm in Sydney, but also hoping to make Equinox this year...

see you there my aussie friend!

the price is quite expensive compared to the rest of the world. it is 3700nok. this includes video.

this price is comparable to other clubs in norway.

95% of the customers are batchelor parties and all the friends chip in, with no question about the price.

we have only done 1 weekend this past one was raining. we are getting plenty of bookings but for later in the season.