DanglesOZQld

Tm's returning after broken femur

Ask Karen Lewis (Lewmonst on here). She regularly hauls meet at Perris and she femured at Rantoul a couple of years ago. Same for Tim Tennant (USskydiver on here) at Raeford. He still has a titanium rod in his leg and does tandems pretty regularly.

Chuck

Thanks for refering to what I do for a living as hauling meet. Maybe we should consider ourselves bus drivers on the singles express instead of skydivers. Hopefully lots of potential tandem skydivers will read your post and decide that they want to be meet.
“God Damn Mountain Dew MotherFuckers!”

Sorry to hear about your broken leg, but they do mend. I was out for 8 and a half weeks when I broke my femur, came back doing camera and AFF for two weeks before going back to tandems. Had a mal on my second jump back (AFF). Landed in the middle of the pit safely.

Best advice I can give you is get into physio as soon as you can, and get in the pool and swim. This really helped me get back in a hurry, it beats sitting on the lounge watching daytime TV! This won't help you at all.

Nearly 3 years later I am still jumping with the rod in my leg because I won't stop jumping long enough to have it out.

Note from my girlfriend: Remember those who look after, they are only trying to help, it's not their fault you can't jump. :)
Regrets are just unfulfilled dreams

With the Rod left in your leg does that make it a lot worse if you were to have another accident compared to not having it in?

Btw - First broken bone in my life and after 12 years jumping. Also had not even scratched a Tandem Passenger prior to the Friday 16th jump ;(

BSBD! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

Ask Karen Lewis (Lewmonst on here). She regularly hauls meet at Perris and she femured at Rantoul a couple of years ago.

Hi. I got my tandem rating about a year after I broke my femur. I am about 98% back to normal from the femur fx. I started jumping 4 months after i broke it, but wouldn't have felt confident with my strength at that point to do tandems. The rod is still in my leg and will stay there until it becomes a problem, which it's not at all now, so I don't even think about it. I've done about 300 tandems and never think about my leg being an issue. Sometimes when I run after about 4 miles I feel soreness in that leg before any other, but otherwise it's fine.

And some tandems make me feel like I'm an amusement park ride, but most of the time I enjoy the interaction and meeting new people and they appreciate it.

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

I have left my metal in. In 2003 the doctors at Royal Brisbane hospital gave me the choice. They said they were going to start leaving metal in unless it caused pain as there was no proof of it making things worse in the case of another accident. So guess i will c if i crash again .
Go big!