patmoore

Old Mike Swain & Wide World Of Sports videos

Florida-base Mike Swain was one of the pioneers of air-to-air movies in the sixties and seventies. He put together a nice movie called The Endless Fall with footage from the late sixties. I just got a gadget for digitizing old VHS tapes and extracted two brief scenes in which I appeared. Hard to believe it was shot nearly fifty years ago.

Click for video

In 1968 Bill Ottley and I appeared briefly with another jumper as Keith Jackson introduced the Nationals at Marana, Arizona. You get a quick glimpse of Moore written on my helmet and, of course, WHO on Bill's helmet.

Check it out
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Well, I didn't come on scene until 12 years later... Remember Mike Sisemore jumping that big friggin Wide World of Sports dual wheel camera on his head. I used to cringe every time he landed that thing. It's eventually what took his knees and him out of the sport.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I can honestly say that if I had to deal with the pounding that rounds dished out day in and day out, I would not have stuck with the sport. I've had five rounds of knee surgery, I don't want six.:S

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Hi Tink,

I can honestly say that if I had to deal with the pounding that rounds dished out day in and day out, I would not have stuck with the sport.

When Lew Sandborn ( D-1 ) made his first jump on a square canopy ( StratoStar ) he floated right past the sand bowl at Orange. When he landed, he said, "Thank you Steve Snyder, you have kept me in skydiving."

;)

JerryBaumchen

Tink1717

I can honestly say that if I had to deal with the pounding that rounds dished out day in and day out, I would not have stuck with the sport. I've had five rounds of knee surgery, I don't want six.:S

When you didn't know any better it wasn't a big deal. Getting a PC seemed like a huge improvement over the rags that we thought we had it made. A standup almost every time. There were always some whiners even though they had a PC.

OLD Mike Swain????? What do you mean OLD????Mike isn't a day over 40....and he has a young face behind all that straw. If you see him, give him my regards.....but don't call him OLD. ...............................................................................................................It just came to my mind, he may be 42 years old.

Bill Cole D-41 canada