ripcord4

50th Anniversary

It was fifty years ago today that I made my first sport parachute jump at Marine Corps Schools, Quantico, VA. I used a 28' cheapo canopy (there were no other kind in those days!) with a single blank gore in a B4 harness and container with one (!) two-shot Capewell release and a T7A twill reserve. The aircraft was a UH34D from MCAS Quantico and we jumped from 2,500 AGL. My jumpmaster was GySgt Levi Woods, who in 1960 was the first man picked up via the "Skyhook" system. Little did I realize that 50 years later I would still be jumping from perfectly good airplanes! Where did that 50 years go to?

congratulations :)now update your profile will you :)

quick question, how often do you still jump ?
After a quick calculation, you should be close to 70years young. All my respect for staying in shape to continue living the dream :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Profile updated!
Yes, I will be 70 years of age in the fall....looking forward to being a Jumper Over Seventy. I don't freefall much anymore but I am still active doing WW II military commemoration jumps ( yes, using military rounds ) probably 12 - 15 per year....slowing down in my old age, I guess.

Liberty Jump Team

LibertyJumpTeam.org

Please give Roger my best.

If he gets up to Tulsa, he's still got a place to stay.

I've known the whole Wolf family quite well for ~30 years.

Keith
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

http://www.pararesearchteam.com/2012-Normandy/2012-LJT-Carentan-Jump.html

First man... sticks one & two are classic textbook exits.

Back in the day... JP the commander of WWII ADT (now Heritage ABN Team) used to come to the DZ (he was my skydiving student and well as having served with him for some 10 years in the Army) and we'd watch their exits. Man o Man...

Roger, Richard, Jeff Wolf(s) and I were an Oklahoma Demo Team back in the day. Nothing as serious as what Twardo does,.. baseball games, high school football games, AND I loved doing the Roy Clark Golf Classic each year. We all learned on rounds :);)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.