SEREJumper

Name that harness/container #6...

Jerry, got the name mixed up a bit, Strong had too many Masters, Makers, Star, and Style combinations!

Andrew, spot on.

Strat, Pretty much!

It's a Strong Starmaker Tandem Back Parachutes. Referenced in Poynter's Vol I, pg. 229.

"A manually operated piggyback assembly which consisted basically mating (stacking) the Stylemaster assembly. This 1974 development was produced to answer the swing back to piggyback designs for relative work. Measured 12" x 23" x 9" thick and was available in a number of colors. Circa 1973."
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

About time I got one of these right. More pics of one at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vintageparachutegear/sets/72157622566866375/

This came with a C9 and a T10a (modified by some guy called John Sherman). I now squeeze a ropes and rings heavy weight Stratocloud in a diaper (!) into it.

The labels on this rig show Stylemaster for the harness - I guess it was a TSO issue - eg the harness is an exact copy of a Stylemaster, including the chest mount reserve's d-rings, even though the rig of course already has a reserve built in.

Andrew

Hi andrew,

the harness is an exact copy of a Stylemaster, including the chest mount reserve's d-rings, even though the rig of course already has a reserve built in.

That is because when Strong designed the StyleMaster, he designed the harness for both front mount reserve & piggyback reserve. And he did the TSO testing for both configurations.

JerryBaumchen