howardwhite

Accuracy

Came down a bit faster than a PC...just what a 240 lb. 18 year old needed! :ph34r:

My gosh....240 lbs. under a papillon....now that's what I call hardcore!

Accuracy was a survival skill! :ph34r:

Edited to add:
In the 70's. Bill Hayes was judging an accuracy meet I was in, I over heard him say about me...
"He'll be out of the sport pretty quick, ya can land THAT hard very often." :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Those papillions were nice canopies. Only jumped one a couple of times. Were they made of a different material? They were shinier if I remember right....

They were made out of a material called Taffeta.

The French had to be different!

My reserve was a Taffeta Tri-con! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Those papillions were nice canopies. Only jumped one a couple of times. Were they made of a different material? They were shinier if I remember right....

I have a really nice one.. wanna jump it:)

I jumped it into MacGregor Lake a few years ago in 2006.. and Clint did so as well the year after in 2007. That year I jumped my OD Green Para Commander MKII with the SOG markings into the lake :)
I think those made it to the LP Video's

It was not that hard to get into that situation. You only had to do a hard right toggle, get swung out to the left & then hit a hard left toggle; you would be where he is. It would hurt but it could be done.

That how it was done, just high above the ground.
Always happy to fall out of a plane

They were made out of a material called Taffeta.

The French had to be different!

right, about taffeta...And right, about the french pap..
I made over 900 jumps, on 3 different french papillons....( including my jump # 1,000 )
GREAT canopy...MUCH preffered it, over ANY PC and also over the American Pap...
The apex was HIGH Porosity, the taffeta panels were much Lower porosity.. which allowed for a great "sink" mode...IF you had the horses,,, to hold those toggles,, down near your KNEES!!!!!!:|[:/]B|;)

shot downwind accuracy all through the '70s...
jumped it in a P.O.D.,,,,
and at one time was deploying a square Pilot chute ( from a bellyband pouch ) to pull a Round Main, outta the piggyback container...:o:SB|;)
I also loved the large Butterfly Logo, on the center stabilizer panels,, of Both sides of the French made canopy..
As for the original post.. That Pea gravel area Looked Awfully crowded!!!!! could be the jumper under canopy. was "aborting" the approach,,, only a bit tooooo strongly!!!!!!

jmy
A 3914
D 12122

Sounds like fun Amazon. I still haven't jumped that competition P.C. that I bought a couple years back. Macgregger Lake would be a good place to try it out. Maybe I'll make the boogie this year....

Trust me... BIG splash trumps BIG THUD anytime jumpin the old stuff;)