airtwardo

Old pics

Hi howard,

Re: TELSAN boots

The late Jim Lowe won a pair of those at a meet back in Ohio ~'65. He was convinced he could not get dead-centers with any other boot.

When they 'finally' wore out he was flustered for a few jumps as to how good he could score with the 'Style' french boot, the 2nd generation of french boot. :S

It was all in his head; he did just as good in whatever he was wearing. :P

JerryBaumchen

Is it true that some accuracy folks put a special heal on their footwear so they could file it to a narrow point and get a accurate heal strike.

Yup. A premolded heel add-on is available from somewhere.
A few years back, for example, there was someone down at Raeford NC who would take one's favorite shoes, reshape the heels and fit the new striking point on.

For simple accuracy I used to just take a pair of cheap runners and shave the back corners of the heel down, to leave more of a point.

Hi Jerry

Is it true that some accuracy folks put a special heal on their footwear so they could file it to a narrow point and get a accurate heal strike.

They are trying to hit a target that is 3 cm in diameter. ____________ That line is about 3 cm. Hell I can't figure out how they can see the damn thing.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Hi Jerry

They are trying to hit a target that is 3 cm in diameter. ____________ That line is about 3 cm. Hell I can't figure out how they can see the damn thing.

Sparky

Sparky

Please tell my wife that you made a typo. She convinced that line is 6 inch's long.:$

FWIW I think the accuracy folks aim for the center of the pad/disc and until they get close enough to see the SIX INCH:P center for their final heal strike.

I know you all don't want to see a pic of my ruler.[:/]
One Jump Wonder

Hi Jerry

Sparky

Sparky

Please tell my wife that you made a typo. She convinced that line is 6 inch's long.:$

FWIW I think the accuracy folks aim for the center of the pad/disc and until they get close enough to see the SIX INCH:P center for their final heal strike.

Now THAT'S funny right there, I don't care who ya are! :D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Jerry

Sparky

Sparky

Now THAT'S funny right there, I don't care who ya are! :D

No problemo sparky I got this under control

Told the wife to convert metric to US

1CM = 2 of my inch's ;)B|
One Jump Wonder

Ya know what the best thing about wearing 'Frenchies' is ???

The chicks just love 'em! :D:D:D
That's the real reason that I own two pair of them! Sometimes I wear them to the bar when I haven't even been jumping....

Nice shoes Jim.

Sparky

I think that one on your left wants to bite you on the butt. :P

Sparky

Yeah...somehow, demos & butt biting seemed to hand in hand. :$;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Nice shoes Jim.

Sparky

Mr T

Were your shorts made in france.B|

From the look on the nice ladies face I don't think she ever looked past your, whats the word ....knee:ph34r:.
One Jump Wonder

Hi T

Year was '76, and I was 18...it was my 1st freefall and the T-10 didn't HAVE brakes! ;)

Oh yeah...the boots, unlike Sparky's were 'ladder laced' because I was COOOOOL! :ph34r:

No Brakes:o You mean like a non steerable round. Damn thats real army stuff.B|

Mr T Do you remember your exit altitude for your FIRST:P freefall.:)
One Jump Wonder

I was jumping T-10s 8 years later. They still didn't have "brakes" but they did have steering toggles (heavy as HELL steering, but steering none the less).

2500'- static line
3200'- 5-second delay
3600'- 10 seconds
4500'- 15 seconds
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.