BlueSBDeath

Most Senior FreeFlyer

Is Dr. William (Bill) Harris the most Senior active Free Flyer?
Bill is a retired ER Doctor who is 78 years young, with just over 1065 jumps. He jumps in Hawaii at Pacific Internation Skydive Center.

Let me know if there are more senior to Dr. Bill who actively jump (FF)!!

Arvel

I think a lot are missing the point here.
I haven't heard of anyone else in this age group being an active free flyer.

Look at that kid!! sit flying in cut off blue jeans and flying a camera as well.

We should all be envious.

(edit for spelling)
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I think a lot are missing the point here.
I haven't heard of anyone else in this age group being an active free flyer.

Look at that kid!! sit flying in cut off blue jeans and flying a camera as well.

We should all be envious.

(edit for spelling)

Really? Does is matter what kind of jumping a 70+ year old guy is doing? Does it matter if they are swooping, jumping a static line round or off a bride once a year? I think it’s great that they are doing any kind of jumping. What about 80+ year old WWII Veterans doing tandem jumps into Normandy? I hope that when I get to that stage of my life that I am still able to do any kind of jumping.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that I have never understood the divisions in jumping. I guess it’s a ego thing. Mine is bigger than yours because I do this and you do that. That kind of attitude is pathetic and sad.

But what the fuck do I know? I like to jump rounds.

All the way,
Cael

Just how the hell do you turn this into an argument about ego and attitude?????:o

I question was asked.
Various replies were made which did not answer the question.

Yea and mine probably is bigger then yours.
Take that whatever way you like.:S

Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

mccurley,
I can see how by quoting you this can look like my comments about the divisions and ego in the sport were directed at you. They are not. Those are just some thoughts I’ve had for a while about the sport. It’s small rant that work its way into my post. My bad.

Blue skies to you.

ATW,
Cael

Shouldn't that old dude be playing shuffleboard in a nursing home somewhere????

That is great to see! I'm not sure how old Pat Works is now, or Pat Moorehead but I have enjoyed jumping with them over the years.

Mojosparky retired from jumping a while back when he was like 102 or something...;):P...and it was always fun to leap with him also! (well, he doesn't look a day over 93!)

Way cool, good on him.

We were chatting over a few beers after sunset a couple weeks ago about life after skydiving. I, and at least a couple others, were feeling it is very tough to even fathom not jumping.

Now, I'm not a geezer yet, but also no spring chicken (age 53). The joints certainly aren't as flexible as they used to be, but are a long long ways from being any kind of limiting factor. I wonder what my limiting factor will be?

I amuse myself thinking in 20 or 30 years I'll be sitting in the door (because it will be just too difficult to move farther back in the plane) when the green light comes on, telling some whippersnapper to make his fucking self useful and please give an old guy a hand. "Here you go sonny, hold on to this hacky, then jest put yer fuckin foot on my ass and shove me out?!"
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley