SEREJumper

Name that harness/container...

That is one of the conventional rigs that I used to build in Bardstown. If the date was 75 it was probably for a Stato Star. That would have been one of the last conventional rigs that I built. At that time or shorltly after I started building a piggybacks.
The main container did not have to be TSOed so I made changes as needed or gear size changed. The whole design was an off shoot of cut down military surplus containers, which was the only option you had back in the early days. The other option you had was OD green or the latest and greatest Sage green.;)
Most of my stuff was custom built. Colors were available when this rig was built so it might have been built for one of the guys at Ft Campbell. Sage green was still in with the military guys.
The inboard pull was a fad around our area then to protect the ripcord. Normally I used an inverted Martin Baker handle. The reserve typically hung low enough to allow an easy pull.
As far as packing instructions the standard military belly wart instuctions applied. You have to remember that there wasn't the variety there is today or the need for proprietory packing instructions. In fact for the first 5 or 6 years that I built gear I didn't have a TSO. It wasn't anything the FAA pushed for, they would have rather ignored us hoping we would go away. Didn't happen though and we eventually had to come into the mainstream of general aviation.
Unfortunately all of those records from gear sales and TSO paperwork were destroyed in 1980 when my shop burned to the ground. Shorlty after that I accepted a job in South Africa working for PISA and never got back into the gear business when I returned. Concerns about liability and the lawsuit that Greene Star went through around that time convinced me to go another direction.
I don't recognise the seal symbol so can't help you there.

GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!

Ruth and Lance and I'm embarrassed I can't remember the other two. I'll find out tonight. We're in Tampa and are having dinner with Ski, Donna, Ron, Carmen, and maybe Mike Patterson.

Well?

How was the dinner get together and did Rumpson show?

Was the other couple on the married couples jump Ed and Charlie Moore or someone else (can't remember any other married couples that both jumped)?

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

The dinner was great and Rumpson didn't show. I don't think he checks his emails too often. When I get home tonight I can post a photo of the reunion. Ed and Charlie Moore? Could be but I'm not sure. Hate it when my memory goes. I can check back through the old log books or just call the ex - she probably remembers.

I may be wrong when I said I built every rig in that star. I think Lance was wearing a commercial rig that I had won in an accuracy meet. I traded it to him for an air conditioner. Here's a better picture of one of the rigs I built in the early seventies. I was exiting Z-Hill's DC3 and a woman Jeff Searles was dating took this shot out of the open window over the left wing.
DZGone.com
B-4600, C-3615, D-1814, Gold Wings #326, Diamond Wings #152.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!

Roger, you're absolutely right. It was Ed and "Charlie" Moore. I found it in my log books. The date was March 8th, 1975 and my notes say we circled for an hour at altitude trying to find a hole. Mike Swain was the photographer. We actually had six people in one of the 182s.

I'm attaching the photo of the reunion last Wednesday in Tampa. My wife Penny and Ron's wife Carmen are at the back of the photo. On the left is Donna Chmielewski (4000 jumps) and myself (2000 jumps). On the right in the middle is Ron Schott (3000 jumps) and Ski Chmielewski (5000 jumps) on the end. Hard to imagine but we represent 14,000 jumps. I met Ron and Ski in April 1967, 42 years ago and Donna maybe a year later. It was great to get back together with them after all these years.
DZGone.com

Roger, you're absolutely right. It was Ed and "Charlie" Moore. I found it in my log books. The date was March 8th, 1975 and my notes say we circled for an hour at altitude trying to find a hole. Mike Swain was the photographer. We actually had six people in one of the 182s.

I'm attaching the photo of the reunion last Wednesday in Tampa. My wife Penny and Ron's wife Carmen are at the back of the photo. On the left is Donna Chmielewski (4000 jumps) and myself (2000 jumps). On the right in the middle is Ron Schott (3000 jumps) and Ski Chmielewski (5000 jumps) on the end. Hard to imagine but we represent 14,000 jumps. I met Ron and Ski in April 1967, 42 years ago and Donna maybe a year later. It was great to get back together with them after all these years.

Pat,

I think I said it in another thread, but if you get enough of us together, we make up one complete brain.

I don't think you built Ed and Charlie's rigs either. In 1975 they were both jumping Wonderhogs. I have a shot from 1975 of a quadradiamond that they are both in and both have Wonderhogs on. I'll scan it and post it here when I get a chance (maybe later tonight).

Ed and Charlie (Charlene) left Z-Hills in late 75 or early 76 for somewhere out west. I thought is was Texas but Hoop said otherwise. I'd love to track them down, two more great people.

That photo is great. I've seen Ski and Donna a couple of times in the last 3 years when I went down to the Keys Boogie. I haven't seen Ron since the 70s and have to say, he looks great!

If you do another trip down to Z-Hills, I will try to make it up. Maybe we can coax Rumpson out as well.

Edited to add photo. I'm in the Yellow Black and Red at the bottom. Charlie is left of me, Ed is the point in the diamond on my left. I'm also attaching a scan of the back of the post card. I think the same shot was on the Center's business cards.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

There are a number of jumpers in that shot I can identify.

On my left is Charlie Moore
On my right is Lou Howell (Married Ruth Lanier who passed away about a year ago)
Point for my diamond is Foul Smith (I think, Hoop?)

Diamond to my left point is Ed Moore
Right wing is Randy Quireos (not sure of spelling)

Diamond across from me point is Tony "Frit" Patterson

I'll need help with the rest.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark

Nice shot! I definitely didn't build those rigs for Ed and Charlie.

I still have the custom Red, White, and Blue harness and container that I built for Connie. As soon as the cast comes off my foot I'll haul down the rig and take a shot of it. It still contains Susie Neumann's US Team Papillon.
DZGone.com

Rog - I think you're correct on those you named. That's Jim Beck on the left wing of the diamod to your left, James Revelle as point on the diamond to your right, and Walter Lambdin in blue helmet and 10-High team suit at the back. Best I can do.

Hoop

I think the yellow and red on the left diamond might be Greg Baker. I jumped at the Sod Farm in Tampa with him some as well.

Ok, scratch that, you already identified him as Jim Beck...

And for Pat, the Red and Black rig I'm jumping in the shot is my own design.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark