SStewart

Name this canopy # ?

I see 4 colors. like a C 9. Riggers? C 9 or T 10?
I jumped a tired porous C 9 7TU for waaay too long. OUCH! Thankfully, no broken bones.
2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

It's a 5-TU but not a C-9 (28ft) it's a 32 ft T-10. Not your usual Olive drab. The C-9 was 4 colored, this looks like only 3 colors. Also count the gores.

George I see 4 colors.
I don't care how many skydives you've got,
until you stepped into complete darkness at
800' wearing 95 lbs of equipment and 42 lbs
of parachute, son you are still a leg!

It's a 5-TU but not a C-9 (28ft) it's a 32 ft T-10. Not your usual Olive drab. The C-9 was 4 colored, this looks like only 3 colors. Also count the gores.

We have a winner. It is a parabolic with extended skirt. A C-9 is a flat.:P

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I was in the Army when Ken first showed up. When I first met him he was jumping a PC. I think the Navy also had a 30ft flat circular as well. I can remember when you were the hot kid on the block with a 4 color surplus. They were $10 down at the quartermasters store at Knox. They were a real good deal till the military started cutting the lines off at the skirt instead of the connector links.
Ross Turpin would reattach the lines and his wife would modify them for $5. I think she made sleeves as well. Fun times for sure.
GUNFIRE, The sound of Freedom!

Remember homemade cotton sleeves blowing up? That could be as real nasty high speed malfunction.

Yeh I do. I used grade A aircraft cotton when I could get it.
When we training for the 72 Nationals we went to another DZ to make some practice jumps from a different aircraft than we were used to jumping. One of the guys had a small tear at the end of one of the load tapes on his short sleeve. The weather was deteriorating rapidly and we wanted to get one more jump in and I told him the thing would make one more jump.
After break off and opening I see Tony going by with a streamer. The top of the sleeve had just ripped off leaving the bottom choking off the skirt. He cuts it away and pulls his reserve, so I follow him down to make sure he's OK. He looks at me and says "I thought you said it would make one more jump"? Of course I pointed out that it did make one more jump, I didn't say it would work. We called it a beer front at that point. Got a lot of good laughs out of that over the years.
In all honesty I really did think it would be OK. Everything was a learning curve back then.

actually the navy had a 32 foot flat circular, used by their rigger school (at lakehurst i believe) pioneer's 32 lopo was based on it.

That could very well be, it has been quite a few years. Back then I was bullet proof and went for the high performance 28 footers with a 7TU cut. ;)