airtwardo

Name the: National Champion Skydiver

In this admittedly fuzzy picture from 1979...it's not the guy on the right in the red, that's me.

Any guesses? :ph34r:

No guess.....but I sure have a lot of jumps out of that ugly yellow and red airplane behind you.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

In this admittedly fuzzy picture from 1979...it's not the guy on the right in the red, that's me.

No guess.....but I sure have a lot of jumps out of that ugly yellow and red airplane behind you.

You mean there IS such a thing as an UGLY jump plane? :o;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Nice bellyband!

Yeah...one of them newfangled 'Wonderhogs', they took the spring outta the pilot chute and put it in a bag on yer belly...whole idea seems nuts and I'm bettin' will never catch on! ;)

I recognize Cunningham and Murphy and the Verners, but who are the others?

Tall guy on the left was somebody that had something to do with the airport.
Pic was taken prior to the first jump at the Cambington, Mo. (sp) municipal airport where Dave started a branch operation for Danny to run.

We came out to help move the gear and set up the office etc. & got to make back to back FREE jumps all weekend to keep canopies in the air and drum up business. B|

Kid in the tan suit was/is Cook...don't remember his first name, (Jeff maybe?) he was a regular at Sparta back when you started.

Murphy and Danny you know...and of course the tall extremely handsome gentleman in the red jumpsuit is ME!;):ph34r:

I found that pic in an old log book I was scanning to disc...and emailed a copy to Dave in Fla. :)

I was going to school in Carbondale at the time and was on staff at the DZ, I use to crash on Dave's floor Fri & Sat. night and kind of got to know Kirk as a kid growing up in that semi-insane environment.

Asked him once if he thought he'd ever want to be a jumper like his Dad...Kirk told me prolly not cause hanging around the airport all day was boring. He was maybe 10 years old...:):$:D

I remember thinking either he'll get as far away from Skydiving as possible, or he'll be a world champ!

Must be something in the genes? :P

mo that was Greg cook not Mark Cook Mark Cook jumps at another dropzone (FFE) and at later time...

THAT was it...got some scribble for Greg in a signed off jump from 1980 but couldn't read it, and WAY too many short term memory cells got damaged back then...surprised I came up with 'Cook' even! ;):D