lodestar

hysterical pics from z-hills/rainbow wis @65-75

Fianlly got a bunch scanned to disc, because of the size, I am posting them at a kodak url. Much easier that way.
if you have trouble recognizing anyone just message me and I'll try and figure it out.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?collid=88109133414&UV=430640174966_32295133414
Captions underneath, if you know any of the Unknowns, please fill in the blanks

Thanks for the trip back through ZHills history, Tuna.

Yes, there is no mistaking Hank, no matter how young.

I met Lou Howell in Mobile, AL. a couple of years after those pics were taken. Anyone in touch with him? I heard he lives in the FL Keys someplace.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Just a wild shot in the dark: Is Duane Weber any relation to Billy & Larry ("Lucky") Weber? Or put another way, isn't Billy & Larry's father also a skydiver - or was, or something?

Nah... Duane Weber's the dead husband of the gal who believes he was DB Cooper. Just kidding around.

Never met the Weber's dad but he HAS to be a character if they are any indication at all.

jon

Thanks for the trip back through ZHills history, Tuna.

Yes, there is no mistaking Hank, no matter how young.

I met Lou Howell in Mobile, AL. a couple of years after those pics were taken. Anyone in touch with him? I heard he lives in the FL Keys someplace.

BASE359

You have a PM.

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

Pretty wild seeing so many photos of the young William T Burr, I first met him in 1979 in Hawaii, he was living in the bushes in a tent camp he made with his 16 yr old son. Not sure what ever happened to his son when 85 Hotel crashed, he would have been about 17 or maybe just turned 18?
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Pretty wild seeing so many photos of the young William T Burr, I first met him in 1979 in Hawaii, he was living in the bushes in a tent camp he made with his 16 yr old son. Not sure what ever happened to his son when 85 Hotel crashed, he would have been about 17 or maybe just turned 18?

A sad loss. I was going to his brother Robert for chiropractic at the time. Before he moved out to the Island, he spent quite a bit of time jumping at Z-Hills and while I was there at least, had quite long hair. It was interesting to me seeing him with short hair in those photos; something of a contrast to my minds picture of him all these years.

I remember him adjusting more than one aching jumper's back and that's how I found out his brother was a licensed Chiropractor (probably retired by now).

I'm pretty sure it was Bill I lined up behind one day in the C47 and took a step back 'cause he had a patch sewn on his reserve flap that said "WARNING - EXPLOSIVE CUTTERS INSTALLED." That will make you think for a second :o

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

The man made one hell of an impression on me at the time, I'm not sure if he did tours in SE asia or not, but I was told the reason he lived like he did was because he had not fully "come home".

I had become pretty good friends with his son at the time. And yes all the lost friends on 85 was such a loss and very sad indeed.

W.T. Burr is one person I will never forget, I hope his son was able to pick up his life and carry on it had to be so very hard on him to lose his dad that day.

I have to agree Bill Burr left quite an impression on us all.
Bill showed up at zhills one day, kind fo wanting to jump, I think he went through jump school and made a few, that night, we were bumping around the packing area and he approached me, wanting to know if I had any pot, he had never tried it and wanted to. Needless to say, I took him out back and we smoked one.....he kept saying he didn't feel anything and kept saying that for awhile. Eventually a bunch of us decided to head to the hills for dinner, and we took off. Burr was in front of me....he pulled up to a stop sign and just sat there for a few minutes, and then a few minutes more, then it finally became apparent that he wasn't going to move. I wallked up to his car, and he was just sitting behind the wheel looking around. I remember asking if he was okay and he replied" Wow, man, i had to stop driving because everything was soooo far away, is this what it's like being stoned?".....needless to say, it went down hill from there.
Moriarity stayed with me for a time, up in jacksonville when I left the hills, and eventually left for Hawiii...that was the last time I saw him.
Don't know if brother bob is still in the st pete area or not.
I do know as long as moriarity was alive that he would never hesitate to remind me that i was the first one to get him stoned, it was almost as if I was his pot guru or something....
HE will always exist in our memories...

HE will always exist in our memories...

Amen Brother! Thanks for posting those photos, it has been many moons that I have seen his face and I have no photos of him from Hawaii. As for pot his son & me used to be handed a tray to roll doobie after doobie for many a Jump Hawaii beach bash, it was many years later as an adult that I learned what was in the big kettle on the stove full of "purple water"....:$;)