47 47
quade

DB Cooper

to be clear,
I don't take anything supposedly said by Christy, if it was her, on face value.

What I was interested in was the tone of what she was saying, not the exact little things. Like I don't think anyone in the Ingram clan was Cooper. That's a little nutty. (although it's weird Brian eventually joined an airborne division as a medic after high school)

She (Christy) apparently says she learned most details from her own research. So she could have even picked up the cousin thing from press articles. But, the cousin angle wasn't widely reported, as you folks know, cause you weren't aware of it.

I remember reading an article where Brian was joking about how he didn't tell his new wife (either while dating or all the way until after marriage?) about the money right away. He implied it was because of all the weird attention. But it got me thinking about whether it really was something "not talked about in the family"...possibly for some very minor reason, like disagreement about the story that was told or something.

Another odd thing was the father's (Harold Dwayne Ingram) apparent use of the middle or first name at different times? and the attached thing. It was minor, and was waived/dismissed pretty quickly. But it's interesting.

Just completing random thoughts on stuff on the web.

The Ingram family dynamics are a bit complex.

But a number of them gathered to inspect and
paw-over the money the evening after finding it.
(The biggest thing in their lives and it just kept
getting bigger after the Cooper connection). One
account has a 'brother-in-law' removing rubber
bands or pieces of bands at the Ingram residence, which is interesting.

Harold and Patricia went in to meet with H and others. Their story fairly straightforward. It appears
the FBI took charge of the money. At that point
things got nutty with other family members getting
into the act, as the news articles relate.

It seems to have then entered their minds they might not get the moneyback so Patricia called
back to ask if Brian would get a reward - sad she had just heard he would from a radio report.

Before it was over other family members were involved and stories began to conflict, as news articles reveal.

Just when Jo Weber gets into this, I do not know
but it could NOT have been until years later after
Duane supposedly reveals to Jo 'I am DB Cooper'
some time around 1995 -

By then the Ingrams have gone on with their lives.

From my point of view it is a shame the money was not simply left where found and authorities contacted so the find and all of its circumstances
could be documented. But, H and othrs got on this promptly as soon as they could, whcih is to their credit.

I have a feeling one of Fazio's Holsteins found the
money first! Maybe Boo-Boo or Elsa!

the cow theory could be real, as we've discussed.
You jokingly mentioned sturgeon before.

Here's another one.

There are actually seals that show up in the Columbia around Caterpillar Island, at least now.

So, a reasonable transport theory might be via seals.

Before it was over other family members were involved and stories began to conflict, as news articles reveal.

By then the Ingrams have gone on with their lives.

:DProbably BOO-BOO and you are right I did not get involved until 1996 over a yr. after Duane died. I believe my first contact with Trixie (Brian's ex) was around 2001.

[:/]Too bad they didn't have cell phones back then to reported the find. Considering it was 1980 and the fact at it was rural - knocking on one of a farmers' door would not have been done - that person might have claimed the money was his.

Having come from a large family myself - I understand the family kicking into clean the money. First thing you do is call a brother with "Hey , You need to come see what we found today - biggest catch I ever had."

I know that I remember some things from my childhood - but, for the most part it is we have heard the story being told at get-to-gethers through out the yrs.

Such as I can invision myself going down the country road with my Springer to see my Daddy - the mailman sees me and picks me up and carries me home - age 3. I know I have no actual memory of that.

My memories do start around age 4 - not stories that were told but things no one really wants to remember - such as my being held up to my grandfathers casket to kiss him good-by...hence I avoid any funeral I can. My only memory of his living is his boots - he was a tall man and wore big old gouloshes over his shoes..I do not remember anything else about him. Yet, I have no other memories from that same time frame. Pictures exist from that time frame - all I have are the pictures - but no memory of their being taken..or what I was holding..
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Here's another one.

There are actually seals that show up in the Columbia around Caterpillar Island, at least now.

Priceless.

Is seal urine acidic? ph ?

Here's another one.

Priceless.

Sea lions also go as far as Bonneville Dam, which is 40 miles east of Portland and 140 miles from the Pacific Ocean.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002241109_damlion14m.html

And they survey for Bald Eagles on Caterpillar Island.

Hey I know this will sound tasteless, but there's a good photo of the 11 bills recovered from near the Fossett crash site at
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-steve_fossett-pg,0,446285.photogallery
While it's unclear how long they were exposed to the elements, they were at approx 10k ft, for about a year [of max exposure]. Probably protected for some period of time, so <1 year exposure.

I only mention it because we're always looking for evidence of money that's been exposed to the elements for a period of time. I don't think it gives us anything though.

Here's another one.

Priceless.

Sea lions also go as far as Bonneville Dam, which is 40 miles east of Portland and 140 miles from the Pacific Ocean.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002241109_damlion14m.html

And they survey for Bald Eagles on Caterpillar Island.

Hey I know this will sound tasteless, but there's a good photo of the 11 bills recovered from near the Fossett crash site at
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-steve_fossett-pg,0,446285.photogallery
While it's unclear how long they were exposed to the elements, they were at approx 10k ft, for about a year [of max exposure]. Probably protected for some period of time, so <1 year exposure.

I only mention it because we're always looking for evidence of money that's been exposed to the elements for a period of time. I don't think it gives us anything though.

Good photo to have - thanks Snow.. I had heard about Fossett being found and the hiker finding
some money and his id , ...... a much drier environment than Tina Bar..

I keep bringing up Fazio's cattle but in reality I
have no data on how often they used Tina Bar,
the years, etc. We will be nailing this down soon
along with a number of other things.

I hope people will cotninue to be patient.
I feel the end will justify the wait. The project
has become very technical and documentation
is mandatory. Thanks for your patience!

Georger

just ran into this. Not very good quality.
Photo of the Ingrams at home, was in 2/13/80 paper.

They look like I would expect a young couple in the '70s.
relaxed...legs bent up on their couch at home. Seem pretty relaxed, stress-free.

Nothing interesting, but it's always fun when I find something not seen before. Our other photos of the ingrams back then are better quality, but where at the FBI office.

From the same newspaper (2/13/80), there was two interesting things also: the sketch they distributed to the press in 1980 for Cooper, and also a mostly correct location indication of where the money was found. (see relative to Vancouver Lake (black) in the map)

(edit) Interestingly, the photo caption, like the article that accompanied, had the story with Denise, and them showing the money to Pat. I think the firepit money story, was more involved with dad..i.e. dad+brian making a fire and smoothing out the fire pit.

It's interesting to muse which was the first adult to really see the money. Harold or Pat?

searching at www.columbian.com for articles from The Columbian about Al Fazio. The bought the place in 1956. He says they had three or four "100-year" floods in 40 years.

says it flooded in 1964 and 1956

1996 had 18 foot flooding at their place.

also mentions that by 1996 they were typically doing 600 head of cattle?

(edit) I bolded the stuff the mentions the floodline on his office.

STILL DIGGING OUT

RANDALL BLACK
Columbian staff writer
July 8, 1996; Page A1

It might take lowland farmers more than a year to recover from the February flood

It's all part of being a farmer, even though it didn't feel much like it at the time. Up to 18 feet of water covered the Fazio farm in the Vancouver Lake lowlands in February.

But the worst wasn't over. The wet spring made cleanup and recovery worse.

The result is that the Fazios and other lowlands farmers still haven't recovered from the floods.

Al Fazio owns the farm with his wife, Nancy, and his three brothers, Richard, Jack and Joe.

"The ups and downs are part of farming," Al Fazio said. "If you're not tough enough to endure 'em, better get the heck out."

The Fazio family bought the farm, near the end of Northwest Lower River Road, in 1956. They have 805 acres and lease more grazing property from the state Department of Fish and Wildlife. They raise cattle, small grains, cabbage and potatoes.

This year, though, they cut the size of their cattle herd in half and planted only about 200 acres.

Fazio said it is hard to estimate how much the flood cost his family. But this is a banner year for grain prices, for instance. "To farmers down here, it's in excess of several hundred thousand dollars in lost revenues," Fazio said Friday.

The farm has gone through floods before, of course. The property was flooded in 1956, just before the family bought it. Fazio laughed when he said there have been three or four "100-year floods" in the past 40 years.

But this one was different. First, it came later in the year than, for instance, the December 1964 flood. That left less time to do cleanup and repairs.

Beyond that, the river stayed high after the flood, and the weather stayed wet right to the end of May.

"We had a window from the beginning of June until just about now that we had to do our farming in," he said. Normally farming can start in April or May.

His crews had to clear debris -- especially tons of tires -- out of the fields. Some fences were carried away entirely. For two weeks in February, the only way to get to the farm was by boat.

Still, the Fazios were as prepared as possible when the floods hit. They moved cattle to higher ground and got equipment put up where the water couldn't reach it.

"You're never completely prepared, but we were lucky that having gone through it before we didn't waste any time when we knew it was imminent," he said. "We got busy."

But there was damage to some buildings. For instance, the floodwater line in Fazio's office is nearly to the windows.

"If you'd been sitting in here in February, you'd been blowing bubbles," he said.

The lack of grazing land meant the Fazios only ran about 350 head of cattle, rather than buying up to 600 head, as normal. In addition, wild geese came in and consumed the grasses to the point that not much was left for the cattle. Usually, the geese do their grazing earlier in the year. But the floods prevented that.

That meant that the farmers had to buy feed for the cattle for a month longer than normal.

There are fields that still aren't cleaned up, fences that aren't repaired. It might be more than a year before things are back to normal. But Fazio said he'll keep farming.

"We've been lucky over the years," he said. "We've got a lot of good people working for us. Everybody pulls together and we'll survive."

Cutline: TOM BOYD / The Columbian * Flood aftermath: "I had three 100-year floods in 30 years," said Al Fazio, lowlands farmer, standing in a field that still has last year's corn stalks.

CONFLICTS IN THE COUNTRY< THE STENCH OF MANURE, THE RACKET OF FARM MACHINERY, THE VANDALISM OF CROPLAND - SUBURBS AND FARMS DON'T COEXIST PEACEFULLY
Article 4 of 9 found

KATHIE DURBIN and DEAN BAKER, Columbian staff writers
December 5, 1999; Page A6-7
Section: World/Nation
Article ID: 1999339019 -- 1483 words

Al Fazio calls the cops to his farm a dozen times a year.

He needs them to haul burned-out stolen car shells off his fields or break up rowdy parties on his land in the Vancouver Lake lowlands. "It used to be we could leave tractors in the field, but now when we go home, we have everything locked tight because people come down here and vandalize or dump loads of garbage, or bring stolen vehicles. They take them down here and strip 'em and set them afire,"

First snippet is when they bought Egger's land in 1998.
Second is in 1995 when they were reconsidering it.

The land in that area was part of our discussion for possible pathways to Tena Bar from inland water routes. (Lake River etc)

STATE ACQUIRES 600 ACRES IN LOWLANDS
Article 6 of 9 found

ALLEN THOMAS, Columbian staff writer
November 12, 1998; Page E1
Section: Northwest Life
Article ID: 1998316021 -- 333 words

An additional 600 acres of the Vancouver Lake lowlands have been acquired by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife to be preserved as habitat. Ray Croswell, lands manager for the agency in Southwest Washington, said the state paid slightly more than $1.6 million for the property of Hans Egger.

The land is west of Lake River, east of Lower River Road and north of the department's current holdings.

It includes the northern tip and eastern shore of Shillapoo Lake,

BPA RETHINKS SHILLAPOO PROJECT
Article 9 of 9 found

ALLEN THOMAS The Columbian
May 23, 1995; Page A3
Section: A section
Article ID: 1995143020 -- 502 words

The Bonneville Power Administration is reconsidering its proposal to buy approximately 1,000 acres of wildlife habitat in the Vancouver Lake bottoms.

At risk are years of work by community activists plus state and federal wildlife officials to acquire the property, sandwiched between Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge to the north and Shillapoo-Vancouver Lake Wildlife Area on the south. In April, the BPA recommended buying the former Shillapoo Lake bed owned by Al Fazio, Hans Egger and

searching at www.columbian.com for articles from The Columbian about Al Fazio. The bought the place in 1956. He says they had three "100-year" floods in 30 years. (see the update at the bottom..initial quote was inaccurate)

says it flooded in 1964 and 1956

1996 had 18 foot flooding at their place.

also mentions that by 1996 they were typically doing 600 head of cattle?

(edit) I bolded the stuff the mentions the floodline on his office.

STILL DIGGING OUT

RANDALL BLACK
Columbian staff writer
July 8, 1996; Page A1

It might take lowland farmers more than a year to recover from the February flood

It's all part of being a farmer, even though it didn't feel much like it at the time. Up to 18 feet of water covered the Fazio farm in the Vancouver Lake lowlands in February.

But the worst wasn't over. The wet spring made cleanup and recovery worse.

The result is that the Fazios and other lowlands farmers still haven't recovered from the floods.

Al Fazio owns the farm with his wife, Nancy, and his three brothers, Richard, Jack and Joe.

"The ups and downs are part of farming," Al Fazio said. "If you're not tough enough to endure 'em, better get the heck out."

The Fazio family bought the farm, near the end of Northwest Lower River Road, in 1956. They have 805 acres and lease more grazing property from the state Department of Fish and Wildlife. They raise cattle, small grains, cabbage and potatoes.

This year, though, they cut the size of their cattle herd in half and planted only about 200 acres.

Fazio said it is hard to estimate how much the flood cost his family. But this is a banner year for grain prices, for instance. "To farmers down here, it's in excess of several hundred thousand dollars in lost revenues," Fazio said Friday.

The farm has gone through floods before, of course. The property was flooded in 1956, just before the family bought it. Fazio laughed when he said there have been three or four "100-year floods" in the past 40 years.

But this one was different. First, it came later in the year than, for instance, the December 1964 flood. That left less time to do cleanup and repairs.

Beyond that, the river stayed high after the flood, and the weather stayed wet right to the end of May.

"We had a window from the beginning of June until just about now that we had to do our farming in," he said. Normally farming can start in April or May.

His crews had to clear debris -- especially tons of tires -- out of the fields. Some fences were carried away entirely. For two weeks in February, the only way to get to the farm was by boat.

Still, the Fazios were as prepared as possible when the floods hit. They moved cattle to higher ground and got equipment put up where the water couldn't reach it.

"You're never completely prepared, but we were lucky that having gone through it before we didn't waste any time when we knew it was imminent," he said. "We got busy."

But there was damage to some buildings. For instance, the floodwater line in Fazio's office is nearly to the windows.

"If you'd been sitting in here in February, you'd been blowing bubbles," he said.

The lack of grazing land meant the Fazios only ran about 350 head of cattle, rather than buying up to 600 head, as normal. In addition, wild geese came in and consumed the grasses to the point that not much was left for the cattle. Usually, the geese do their grazing earlier in the year. But the floods prevented that.

That meant that the farmers had to buy feed for the cattle for a month longer than normal.

There are fields that still aren't cleaned up, fences that aren't repaired. It might be more than a year before things are back to normal. But Fazio said he'll keep farming.

"We've been lucky over the years," he said. "We've got a lot of good people working for us. Everybody pulls together and we'll survive."

Cutline: TOM BOYD / The Columbian * Flood aftermath: "I had three 100-year floods in 30 years," said Al Fazio, lowlands farmer, standing in a field that still has last year's corn stalks.

all good background - - - at its peak the Fazio operation was well known in the animal husbandry community and good with tours and organisational work. They are well known or remembered ...

The description of their property post flood adds
perspective. The description of how civilisation
impacted their lives is accurate. In 1971 their
situation still would have been rural... however,
the bar does appear to have been a favorite
well known gathering location for some time.

Note where the location arrow points to in the Ingram
article.

In order for Tina Bar and the Fazio property to be flooded the area behind it must first be involved.
This is well documented.

attachd -

Georger

.. In 1971 their

one thing I noticed in the 1980 news reports. They mentioned that access to Tena Bar had a requested 25 cent fee. This has been mentioned before, I think an unattended box was there or something, and I was wondering if it was fact, but apparently it was.

If there was enough human traffic to warrant putting out a box for quarters, then yeah I'd say it was semi-popular. Maybe just fisherman and such, or picnickers.

This article mentioned that the 25 cents was apparently for parking or a "car" fee.?

Children Find Tattered Pieces Of Cooper Loot .

Bulletin Journal - Google News Archive - Feb 12, 1980
"wet bills late Tuesday along the river on the Fazio Ranch five miles west of ... which the ranch owners allow people to use for a 25 cent per car fee. took..."

(edit) Movie Scene.
The frustrated agent, Ckret, stands in the parking lot, kicking at the loose gravel. His pretty co-agent says "Let it go, he probably died. If he lived, so what, he probably didn't get any money".

Suddenly Ckret stops, his back stiffens. "You said Fazio had a box out for quarters, right". "Yeah, so".

Ckret starts running towards the old Fazio ranch building. The widow is there in the kitchen cooking a pie as he runs up. She looks up. "The quarters Al got, what did he do with them?"

More attentive to the pie than Ckret, she looks over to a huge milkcan by the fireplace "Oh, Al never cared about that, he just emptied the box in that milkcan every month or so..Come to think of it, I don't think he ever emptied the milkcan".

Ckret runs to the milkcan. Flipping the lid off, we see thousands of quarters.

[dissolve to FBI lab dusting thousands of quarters for prints,, one after the other after the other].

[dissolve to lab technician looking up from microscope to tell Ckret "It's a match"]..A slow grin starts to spread over Ckret's face.

Solving the Cooper case is great and all, but what about the "pretty co-agent?" I mean, well.... you know, is there anything there or what?

Forget it Ckret, no fraternizing with SAs. You know the rules. Besides you are Johnny Utah. You have a date with Tyler...

I have seen the movie. You are gonna score dude!

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

[dissolve to FBI lab dusting thousands of quarters for prints,, one after the other after the other].

[dissolve to lab technician looking up from microscope to tell Ckret "It's a match"]..A slow grin starts to spread over Ckret's face.

Great one snowmman!!! You have great potential as an author.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Great one snowmman!!! You have great potential as an author.

:)
The dramatic moment needed to be stronger.

The camera zooms in on the quarter. The date: 1979.
For the first time, it's obvious to the audience and Ckret, that Cooper survived.

Cut to Ckret in his boss's office blubbering about the new evidence. "I'm proud of you, Ckret" the boss says. "You're getting a task force"..

Ckret spends that night in front of his computer, tapping out notes for his first big meeting with his task force.

Cut to next morning, Ckret opening the door to a meeting room, expecting to see a bunch of ex-athletes like himself, in crisp suits and ties.

Instead, going around the room, there's a handful of the most pathetic creatures scoured off the Internet you can imagine. Personalities so deviant, that the audience has to suspend disbelief that people like this actually exist, since it goes against everything Darwin theorized.

Ckret's shoulders drop, the notes fall to the floor. He realizes, if anything, he's in worse shape now.

The scene you described can only be explained by the FBI deputizing the DB Cooper forum posters.

Ckret, meet your new POSSE!

Think about it. Jo has a badge and full case file access. Sluggo is in the lab working up stuff with Georger. Snow is writing up subpoenas and search warrant affidavits.

If that wouldn't drive Ckret out of the FBI and into a cushy corporate security director job, nothing would.

at its peak the Fazio operation was well known in the animal husbandry community and good with tours and organisational work. They are well known or remembered

You gotta like the Fazios. I mean a QUARTER for admission to their riverside property? They sure were not greedy price gougers.

joan, i find it surprising that in you "ill" , "Week"health you can be such a "post Whore"...its just an observation

i hope im wrong, but i get the impression that your just prolonging this story and ur after something else.... like "longest thread in history"

My name is Jo without the extra digit. I just deleted a long post about my actual health, but then decided it was NONE of your bees-wax not anyone elses.

You could only wish you could consume the calories I consume in one day and never exceed 130 lbs in weight. That should be explanation enough without any details.

As for the longest thread in history - I have never thought about my fight to find the truth being considered in that way - why did you bother to post?

As for being a posting "whore" what would you call Snowmman or Georger?

SNOWMMAN AND GEORGER:

I noted that you found no significant flooding between 1971 and 1980.

I was on Tena's Bar in 2000 and Himmelsbach asked one of the Fazio brothers (who was present) about a flood the area had in recent yrs. There was no discussion of flooding from 1971 to 1980. Nor have I found any significant flooding in that area noted during those yrs.

all good background - - - at its peak the Fazio operation was well known in the animal husbandry community and good with tours and organisational work. They are well known or remembered ...

The description of their property post flood adds
perspective. The description of how civilisation
impacted their lives is accurate. In 1971 their

Note where the location arrow points to in the Ingram
article.

In order for Tina Bar and the Fazio property to be flooded the area behind it must first be involved.
This is well documented.

The area the money was found was not where the island is....a journalist only needs to give an approx area.

At the location of the money find you could see clear across the river - the view was NOT obscured by the island. That picture would indicate you could see the island which you could not from the beach at the point of the money find. I was there with one of the Fazios, Himmelsbach and others who were supposed to know where the money was found.

I had a friend (who lived most of his life in WA) go out there recently and he didn't see the house and described lots of equipment buildings that were not there in 2000...he didn't see the house. He made pictures which he is sending to me.

I tried to describe what it was like standing on the beach and looking back at the road to the parking area and gate - with the field and equipment to the East and the house to the West. He was sure he was in the right place but things had changed.

joan, i find it surprising that in you "ill" , "Week"health you can be such a "post Whore"...its just an observation

i hope im wrong, but i get the impression that your just prolonging this story and ur after something else.... like "longest thread in history"

Chuck

/.....................

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Solving the Cooper case is great and all, but what about the "pretty co-agent?" I mean, well.... you know, is there anything there or what?

I am more interested in your detective abilities. I was watching a detective show tonight. What got my ATTENTION was when they took a picture of a woman and compared her features to a picture of a bank robber. Is this just something they do on TV or for show?

HOW much would it cost to have the pictures I sent you of Duane as a young man and another one you nor anyone in this forum has seen compared to the two XXXX photos I sent to you? If the FBI can't do it -who can?

I am serious about all of this - I am not playing games and don't expect you to either, but mostly I think it is just that for you - a game. I would respectfully request that you make to me in private some kind of repy regarding the things I have sent to you recently.

SNOWMMAN AND GEORGER:

I noted that you found no significant flooding between 1971 and 1980.

I was on Tena's Bar in 2000 and Himmelsbach asked one of the Fazio brothers (who was present) about a flood the area had in recent yrs. There was no discussion of flooding from 1971 to 1980. Nor have I found any significant flooding in that area noted during those yrs.

I previously posted after a long search flooding in 77 was documented, not a 100 year flood but flooding none the less. I wont dig and add the attachment again - it is with my previous post on this subject.

I was watching a detective show tonight.

I was just watching Pinks All Out. What got my attention is that in the 2nd season, they now have Corona Girls in the winners circle.

On the # of posts. If I look at the count, skyjack71 is still outgunning me. More steam!

Why do I do it? For the money. I've tried to tell quade I'm losing money on every post, but he assures me I'll make it up in volume.