47 47
quade

DB Cooper

If Cooper landed uninjured and could see familiar distinct landmarks, maybe he could have made it to a road OK, but then what? Flag down a motorist? Surely the next day the motorist would figure out what had happened and likely notify the FBI.

With what I know - Cooper only had one major road to cross - just your normal 2 lane country road and that road was not that well traveled. I think the Cooper Catchers "OVER think" this whole jump - that is why Cooper got away in the first place. (Yes, there were other roads but country roads).

There were multiple towers of all kinds in the area - one only had to find one of those towers and with OR without compass directions the rest was easy to find - and the trail was a straight on - power lines and pipe line and rail lines. At that time in 1971 they were not over grown. Find one tower and your were on your way home or where ever -
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Snowmman Industries managed to pitch Bruce's treatment of going back in time to find out about DB Cooper. The cow angle was rejected, though.

Magenta Theatre Oct 30-31 606 Main St., Vancouver.

It's an interactive show. I suspect it would be okay to jump up and yell "Washougal" or "Duane Weber in the Conservatory"

http://www.columbian.com/article/20091002/LIVING11/710029998

http://www.magentatheater.com/Sept2009.pdf

On Friday, October 30 and Saturday, October 31 at 7:00 and 9:00pm, Crosspointe and Magenta Theater Company will present Mystery on Main – an interactive mystery event where participants will be thrust back in time to solve the case of the whereabouts of D.B. Cooper, the most famous skyjacker in history. The show features a hilarious cast of goofball characters including Harry Fettuccine, a cheesy, afro- and leisure suit-clad private eye from 1971. He'll swear everyone in and have the participants organize into teams which will compete against one another as they search the entire building at 606 Main Street for clues and conduct interviews in order to piece together the mystery.

In real life, D.B. Cooper hijacked a Northwest Boeing 727 in the fall of 1971 and negotiated for a suitcase filled with $200,000 in unmarked bills. He then parachuted out of the airplane somewhere over Amboy, WA with the money and has never been seen or heard from again.

Numerous theories surround the fate of Cooper, but only about $5,000 of the bills have been found, washed up along the Columbia River. Through Mystery on Main, local writer and director, Charlie Granade, will attempt to present a plausible scenario as to what really happened.

Granade is a local pastor at Crosspointe Church in Vancouver and had the itch to write and direct another interactive mystery game, which he has done as corporate team-building for the last 15 years.

Each of the Mystery shows will have a slightly different ending and way to win the game, in order to keep someone from having an advantage in the next run. This is not unlike the 1985 movie Clue. When playing in theaters, Paramount released three versions of the film, each with a different ending. Today, all three endings can be viewed on the DVD.

The $10 tickets for Mystery on Main go on sale October 1. Reservations are required. Contact our box office as follows:
• Online: www.magentatheater.com
• Email: [email protected]
• Phone: (360) 635-4358

It's an interactive show. I suspect it would be okay to jump up and yell "Washougal" or "Duane Weber in the Conservatory"

Funny, but strange.

Today is a low point and I am beinging to think NOTHING anyone presents will ever satisfy the FBI regarding any suspect. I just pile the co-incidental stuff out there - far more than anyone has on any subject that says that person was Cooper. The FBI just tosses it all aside - what other present and I have presented.

The FBI's file hold a clue to Cooper, but they won't release them even after 38 yrs. Now even if they do - you can be assured that all individuals who could verify the information are deceased. This is what I am up against right now - . In November if I don't have any answers - I will put what I have out there for you guys to slaughter - I am sure none of you will see what I see, but then you didn't know the man...I did.

Our entire marriage was not a sham - he didn't created Cooper evidence over 17 yrs. If it was his intentions to make a false claim he would have MADE SURE I knew EXACTLY what he was claiming to have done.

The secret lies within Duane's past and the people he knew as a young man. What transpired between 1944 and 1949 ? The truth is hidden in those yrs and suspects the FBI investigated in the following yrs after the 1971 Skyjacking. I know for a fact Duane Weber had ranger training (note I did NOT say jump training) in CA and OR.

If the FBI wants to dispute this they need to dig into the hidden archived files of McNeil.

Did they ever identify that body the found in the Columbia a few months ago? How long had that body been there?

I am surprised they didnt try to sell him some C4. He already exhibited "pre terrorist" characteristics by "exfiltrating" public records.

You've got to get them early. It's too late when they are flying a 767 with no intentions to land.

It is perfectly understandable why the FBI can't find Cooper: they are swamped with urgent critical national secuirty matters like this one. Good work by the Bureau, I can sleep even better tonight.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

I know for a fact Duane Weber had ranger training (note I did NOT say jump training) in CA and OR.

OK, prove it. Let's see the evidence. And what exactly is "ranger training"?

Prisoners picking up trash or even fighting fires in a state or national park is hardly "ranger training."

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

GEEZE! That is like Totally OVER- my head. Wonder if any of those Chicago records contained :)

To 377:

Duane was NOT picking up trash and I don't know what kind of training one has to do for putting out fires, digging fire lines and building towers etc. Perhaps this is what was referred to as ranger or forestry training. Duane was actually only 19 when they sentenced him to McNeil (his ID stated he was 24). Family and friends of the family intervened...therefore Duane remained in the McNeil resident population for a very brief time.

What was housed at McNeil in 1944 was harden criminals and sexual deviates. The very young were sent to dairies, orchards, building roads and into the forestry industry. There were various camps set up for these young men and some were housed thru CPS - organizations and thru the churches. Some were even taken into the homes of these sponsors...often arranged by parents and relatives of money, influence or obligation to country.

Some of these young men just "disappeared" for a couple of yrs. Some just "disappeared" and where never heard from again.

GEEZE! That is like Totally OVER- my head. Wonder if any of those Chicago records contained information on the man I am looking for?

PACER, the database "compromised" just has federal court records, not police, jail or FBI records unless they were exhibits in a court case. Lawyers use it a lot. Nothing secret in it, you could get a free look at court records by going to the courthouses and asking the clerks to pull the files but PACER allows online national viewing of motions, pleadings and other papers for a fee.

99.9% of it is deadly dull, but not all of it.

This federal case was anything but dull: the entire cockpit crew of an NWA 727 flew DRUNK!

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/10/27/us/prison-for-3-northwest-pilots-who-flew-jet-while-drunk.html

Simply amazing. It also shows that you can operate a 727, known as a tricky plane to land, with less than optimal crew performance.

Several yrs ago I had an attorney contact me (he said he was an attorney) who represented his client. A woman who thought her husband was Cooper or knew Cooper. I spoke only to him and not his "client".

All of this came after I had remarried and we were later in the midst of cancer treatment for my husband in 2003 - I just brushed it away. I never did fully understand what this man was telling me - because he was vague.

Recent discoveries have been cause for me to recontact this person -I was asked to call back after Oct 19th - as his client would be coming to his area to visit family. The clients name nor location have been revealed to me nor what or why she and I need to communicate.

Until recent developments I had forgot about this woman and with information I now have - she and I really need to talk...wish there was some way to hurry this up. The suspence is going to kill me before the 19th and then I am not sure - where this is going - if anywhere at all. If he would allow me to talk to his client - we could make or break the connection rather quickly.

This federal case was anything but dull: the entire cockpit crew of an NWA 727 flew DRUNK!

Unbelievable! And the judge says to them, ""Gentlemen, you are good men who have done a bad thing.""
91 passengers on board!

What kind of defense is this?? "At the trial, the pilots had argued that because the 40-minute flight was uneventful. the alcohol they drank did not make them incapable of flying."
That's like the DZO busts you for jumping without a reserve, and you say "so what, I didn't need it on that jump"...

They were flying from Fargo. Yaaaa...
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

That's like the DZO busts you for jumping without a reserve, and you say "so what, I didn't need it on that jump"...

There once was a DZ in California that had a bar operating all day and most of the night. Draw your own conclusions. I once listened to a jumper with gin on his breath, at this DZ, ranting about the "goddamned hippies at Elsinore" who were jumping drugged. We werent sitting at the bar, we were riding in a DC 3.

There once was a DZ in California that had a bar operating all day and most of the night. Draw your own conclusions. I once listened to a jumper with gin on his breath, at this DZ, ranting about the "goddamned hippies at Elsinore" who were jumping drugged. We werent sitting at the bar, we were riding in a DC 3.

The alcohol issue always falls back on management to control, or not control, and they usually do nothing - while everyone else is compromised in
the meantime sometimes for years and even generations in organisations. Its a very serious problem in human society and for some organisations becomes decisive.

There is no such thing as "just one alcoholic", but
"just one or three of five alcoholics" and a tribe
of "enablers"!

Call 354-BEER!

The next binge drinking party is commercial business advertised on radio here!

Politicians don't dare touch it right up to the
Attorney General of the State.

Georger makes some good points. Binge drinking is institutionalized, especially at the undergrad level in colleges. Some fraternities have traditions centered around alcohol abuse.

On the lighter side, I saw some stickers at WFFC that read:

"My drinking club has a skydiving problem"

first post on dropzone and of course its in the db cooper thread....
I am new to skydiving and still a couple weeks away (weather permitting) from getting my A license.

I have been studying db cooper for a few years and am from washington state. I have fished tinas bar and spent countless hours chasing steelhead on the washougal and all the local rivers........

he certainly picked a beautiful place to jump... the saturday after thanksgiving is the annual db cooper party at the arial country store.... I will be there and am trying to get some friends together... hopefully there will be some skydivers there. just wanted to introduce myself and say that this thread has provided alot of great reading and given alot to think about...

ps- I find it interesting that tina was the name of one of the flight attendants (if i remember correctly) and some money was found on tinas bar.

pps- the fbi is far better at framing people for crimes than they are at solving them....doesnt suprise me at all that a bunch of fools couldnt find the suvivor of the jump....if they missed a corpse with a huge parachute attached to it with the countries largest manhunt.....thats bad even for them[
I

ps- I find it interesting that tina was the name of one of the flight attendants (if i remember correctly) and some money was found on tinas bar.

That coincidence has not been missed. Did Tina
give Cooper her name or did he learn it? Did Tina have a name tag? We have yet to get a solid answer to that -

Money then turning up on Tina's Bar (the old sign
did read TINA'S BAR), might be a clue to burial
or plant in the most appropriate of all places,
but most people say its just a coincidence.

first post on dropzone and of course its in the db cooper thread....
I am new to skydiving and still a couple weeks away (weather permitting) from getting my A license.

I have been studying db cooper for a few years and am from washington state. I have fished tinas bar and spent countless hours chasing steelhead on the washougal and all the local rivers........

he certainly picked a beautiful place to jump... the saturday after thanksgiving is the annual db cooper party at the arial country store.... I will be there and am trying to get some friends together... hopefully there will be some skydivers there. just wanted to introduce myself and say that this thread has provided alot of great reading and given alot to think about...

pps- the fbi is far better at framing people for crimes than they are at solving them....doesnt suprise me at all that a bunch of fools couldnt find the suvivor of the jump....if they missed a corpse with a huge parachute attached to it with the countries largest manhunt.....thats bad even for them[

Greetings, cloudsurfin,

I'll be at Ariel, too, so see you there. I'm a fat, grumpy newspaper reporter(but I’m working on both issues!) getting local color stories for my book on Cooper, which by the way, gang, I am now titling “The Hunt for DB Cooper" and making it a comprehensive take on all the shenanigans that have occurred in the investigation of this case. Look for some guy ranting in a New York accent, and that’s probably me. Please say “Hello.” If you don’t see anyone that looks familiar, just stand in the middle of the dance floor and shout at the top of your lungs: “Cousin Brucie!” I’ll be right there to rescue you.

Cloud, if I may, be ready for a varied experience at Ariel. Watching the movie "Deliverance" is good preparation for hanging with the locals at the Ariel Tavern. Personally, some of the characters there really freaked me out last year, which was my first visit.

Last year there were quite a few media folks, too. Geoff Gray, renown of the Citizen Sleuth Group, was there, as was the National Geo film crew shooting for their documentary that was aired last July. They were there to get the local scene, but also to film Ron and Pat Forman, who had just written their book about Barb Dayton. I don't know if the Formans will return. Rena Ruddell, Barb’s daughter, was there and fun to talk with. She is convinced her father (mother?) was DB.

A radio crew was there from KUOW, the Seattle NPR station, and even though they said they were doing a fluff piece, it carried nationally on All Things Considered the following Monday.

Beers, in a can, are three bucks, and the specialty of the house is their "stew" - a thin concoction of veggies and broth with bits of hamburger - pretty down-home stuff. A slice of Wonderbread rounds out the menu and the above entrée is also three bucks.

The band was good last year, and a lot of cowboy types and red necks were dancing. This year, I think I'll give that a try, too!

Several guys come dressed as Danny, and one wore his chute the whole time I was there. I was impressed that parachutes are so small.

The Ariel Tavern is not on the main highway but on the side road to the Merwin Dam. You’ll see little signs pointing the way from the highway, but it’ll be raining, foggy and cold, so if you’re arriving in the evening keep a sharp eye about ten miles up the road from Woodland and I-5. Parking is virtually non-existent at Ariel Tavern, so when you come and don't see a spot, go past it and park at the campground at the bottom of the hill at the base of Merwin Dam. Think of all the history you’re about to witness as you puff back uphill to the bar, and smile knowing it will be much easier on the way back to your vehicle.

The rumor is widespread that the FBI always sends somebody to Cooper Days, but I didn't meet anyone who claimed to be from da Bureau.

Good travels!

bruce- would be great to hook up with ya at the party..
I know what ya mean about the local flavor and the parking...if ya wanna really get some good people watching in , go to the fish hatchery down stream on the lewis river this time of year.....It could be a reality tv show......

hopefully the weather will cooperate that weekend and I can get in a jump at either toledo or portland.

see ya at the party
I

Be sure to look for Ckret (FBI Special Agent Larry Carr) at the Cooper fest. He may be heavily disguised. Look for a square jawed guy who isn't drinking or trying to pick up local women. That should narrow it down to 1 or 2 candidates.

Remember when Carr said bank robbers were dumb? Well, this guy lowered the bar even further: a local parolee, wearing a fully funtioning GPS position reporting device locked to his body, robbed a bank!!!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10370950-71.html

Snowmman Industries is building a spoofer that will give such people GPS alibis. They will be priced for organized crime figures, not street thugs.

Users can hang with the boys in Vegas, travel abroad freely secure in the knowledge that their parole GPS trackers will report local residence and frequent trips to visit their mom in the nursing home.

Brings back memories.

One of Snowmman Industries' first contracts was installing the bugs at the Ariel Store and Tavern. I remember crawling under the floor thru all sorts of crap, thinking to myself how much money I was losing on the job, and how the next customer would pay.

The thinking was that Cooper wouldn't show up at the party, but he would show up at some other times.

I think it's only in the last couple years they slap the GPS trackers on all the cars in the parking lot during the party.. I forget now. Maybe that was at the last D.B. Cooper book signing in Portland. No wait, that's when we bugged the FBI guys' cars.

It's easy to lose track with so many customers. Go Global On Day One. That plan was the key to our success.

Hey check out this picture and look at all the individuals. It's always interesting to muse about people who build big bombs.
This photo cracks me up, because it's like a photo of guys (and women) out at Little League or something...just all grown up...with a 30,000lb bomb of course. No beauty salon products here!

in a group like this, everyone acts normal, but there's always a couple of smart guys that are slightly whacked. Especially the grey-haired ones.

This photo cracks me up, because it's like a photo of guys (and women) out at Little League or something...just all grown up...with a 30,000lb bomb of course. No beauty salon products here!

PC culture really shows in that photo. Back in the day
that bomb would be covered with inscriptions from those who worked on it wishing ill upon the citizens of the target country. The Boeing employees were obviously well trained in cultural sensitivity, either that or they just put fresh paint on it for the news photos.

http://warrelics.eu/forum/military_photos/ussr-history-research/31408d1237972491t-photos-soviet-military-industry-being-work-600_1741999029_big.jpg

If the pen is truly mightier than the sword we should reconsider the leaflet bomb:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.psywarrior.com/MonroeBomb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.psywarrior.com/dissemination.html&usg=__E6N843gNgwL9Nut2V3lMd9r39TE=&h=304&w=400&sz=31&hl=en&start=14&um=1&tbnid=JRvmUQmpBajOSM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3DWW2%2Bbomb%2Bwith%2Binscriptions%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GPEA_enUS294US294%26um%3D1

Sure seems small for 30,000 lbs. Must have some high density parts. Any depleted unranium in it?

I have notified FBI SA Garrett Gumbinner, and FBI SA Micheal Copeland, that I have information about people lying with relation to a terrorism investigation. (Cooper)

I expect arrests will be made shortly.

The indictment for Zazi's father is attached. Upon reading it, I suddenly realized the extent of crime being done on this thread.

On or about September 16, 2009, in the State and District of Colorado, in a matter within the jurisdiction of the executive branch of the Government of the United States, and in an offense involving international and domestic terrorism,
MOHAMMED WALI ZAZI,
did knowingly and willfully make a materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statement and representation to agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (“FBI”), that is, defendant ZAZI denied that he spoke with anyone by telephone regarding whether Najibullah Zazi was in any trouble, when, in fact, on or about September 11, 2009, defendant ZAZI did speak by telephone with a person regarding whether Najibullah Zazi was in any trouble.

The foregoing count was in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001(a)(2).

OFFENSE: Count One: Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001(a)(2) - Making a False Statement in a Matter Involving International and Domestic Terrorism

PENALTY: Count One: NMT 8 years imprisonment, $250,000 fine, or both;

http://trac.syr.edu/tracfbi/index.html

example data , exploring the conflicting definitions of "terrorist"
"Who is a Terrorist" http://trac.syr.edu/tracreports/terrorism/215/

Federal Prosecutor Terrorism Definition*
All Criminal Terrorism Referrals for Prosecution
Completed Fiscal Years 2004 - 2008

Referrals for Prosecution - 8,896
Declined - 5,995
Prosecution Filed - 2,901

Prosecution Filed - 2,901
Dismissed - 559
Not Guilty - 40
Convicted - 2,302

Convicted - 2,302
No Prison - 1,055
Prison (one day or more) - 1,247

Prison - 1,247
less than 1 year - 342
1 yr up to 5 years - 660
5 years up to 20 years - 193
20 years or more (excluding life) - 43
life - 9

Median sentence of those convicted - 3 months
Average sentence of those convicted - 26 months

I believe anyone reading this thread is a terrorist. For instance, most readers of this thread have the attached U.S. Govt.-owned recipe for thermobaric explosives on their computers.

This is minimally an IP theft, although the U.S. Govt is probably willing to negotiate a deal sharing profits gained through the use of the IP.

Snowmman Industries neither investigates nor has knowledge of any enfringement by its employees, and makes no representations to customers.

(edit) "
(from the url above)
Conclusion

It has been argued that the absence of a major terrorist attack on the United States since September of 2001 indicates that the enforcement policies put in place by the Bush Administration were effective. But the picture that emerges from TRAC's examination of extensive government records — agencies continuing to waste their time on investigations that go nowhere, prosecutions that ultimately result in minimal sentences — strongly suggests that this may not be the case. Whatever the ultimate judgment on the broader question, there can be little doubt that the unfocused, wandering and erratic federal effort, revealed by TRAC's careful review of hundreds of thousands of records, could be significantly improved. A key first step to significant change: the development of a clear and understandable definition of terrorism. "