howardwhite

What is this plane? #21

This plane is fucked.
Someone doesn't understand the concept of a beach boogie.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

still sitting with it's nose proudly and properly Raised!!!...;)

my guess is that this a DC-3 , which "water landed", had the right prop tear up a leading edge, hopefully finished in the shallows, with the cockpit above water,[:/] and everybody OUT Ok...
While thinking about it, a bit...:|
i wondered if someone used a winch or cable "come-along"... hooked up to that scrawny Tree,,,, to drag it up to the beach...

After that????? well NOW you have a tricky task, on your hands....I wonder if it was ever saved...

Oh...
not real pleased to see what appears to be 'graffiti'...on such a noble bird...>:( but maybe there is a story to that...

jmy

This one?

HW

Yep. I love that plane. It was so cool just having a DC-3 at a local DZ. The last jump I did out of it was a tandem when they brought it over to Byron about 10 years ago. Now it just sits there because it broke down years back and not enough people care to jump it, so it really doesn't make any sense for Bill to spend money on it to fix it and keep it in the air when he has a fleet of turbines. It's also not going to be attractive to a buyer for any reason, so there it sits, year after year. The jumpers put a stripper pole in it one year and held a party in it, but it's a sad end for a great plane.

It would be nice if there was enough interest to get a consortium of jumpers together to buy it and restore it and keep it flying. It's got the big door on it, so it's actually a really nice plane to jump out of. It's not even that slow to altitude. It ain't Otter fast, but it gets there OK.

It would be nice if there was enough interest to get a consortium of jumpers together to buy it and restore it and keep it flying.

I don't have a lot of extra money right now, but I'd be part of that project if it happened.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.