JSBIRD

Who are these Southern skydivers? 1970's

I only recognize the pilot with the red headband, next to the door.
Anyone know any of these jumpers?

BASE359

Standing at far left is Dan Steiger, a naval aviator based in Jacksonville at the time, and Steve Noonan kneeling second from left. A couple of other faces are familiar but I can't put names to them.
Hoop

BASE359

Is that Mike (Mad Dog) Maguire back row, 4th from right? It's just too fuzzy to be sure. Pretty sure it's taken at Palatka, though. Did Uncle Don Yahrling have a beard back then? If so, that could be him on the far right, back row.

BASE359

Standing at far left is Dan Steiger, a naval aviator based in Jacksonville at the time, and Steve Noonan kneeling second from left. A couple of other faces are familiar but I can't put names to them.
Hoop

Yup, that's Dan for sure. Same jumpsuit I had for a while. On the far right I think is Billy Reevis and next to him with his back to us is probably Tony "Ferrit" Patterson, at least that looks like the Pig Rig he used to jump and it looks like his hair...

Prabably no one remembers what it even was... but the pilot is "bagging" us :o

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

The picture was taken in Georgia in 1974.

Standing from left to right, Dan Steiger, Larry Gossler, don't know, Don (fog) Fouriner, don't know, Bobby Wilson, Tony Patterson, Billy Revis.
Kneeling from left to right, Ken Luellen, ME, Dennis Glaves.

Of the eleven in the picture I know five are dead. All were my friends and teammates in RW competition and big ways.

"You paid for the ticket---you might as well take the ride".
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

Standing from left to right, Dan Steiger, Larry Gossler, don't know, Don (fog) Fouriner, don't know, Bobby Wilson, Tony Patterson, Billy Revis.

Steve and Roger are absolutely correct and I'm blushing (deservedly so) for initially recognizing only two amongst those they named, all skydivers I made hundreds of jumps with.
Hoop
SCR242 SCS90 NSCR26

The picture was taken in Georgia in 1974.

Of the eleven in the picture I know five are dead. All were my friends and teammates in RW competition and big ways.

OK, it appears between Steve, Roger and Hoop, we have all but one of the jumpers identified.
So who is the jumper in the center, black/red PopTop?

The pilot in the red headband and yellow shirt, and owner of the D18S, is Bud Germany.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

OK, it appears between Steve, Roger and Hoop, we have all but one of the jumpers identified.
So who is the jumper in the center, black/red PopTop?

I'm pretty sure he was a Deland jumper who might - and that's just a 'maybe' might - have been with Slots a couple of years after the photo was taken.
Hoop
SCR242

Thanks for all the input, guys!

I got an email from Bud Germany filling me in on some more of the details.

Photo credit: Steve Chalfant

The D18S was normally used as a jump ship in the Memphis area, and had ferried a bunch of Tennessee jumpers to Sylvania, Georgia for the 1974 world record attempt.

The RW record attempt was sponsored by The National Enquirer, and a Curtis C46 Commando was brought in for airlift.

BASE359
"Now I've settled down,
in a quiet little town,
and forgot about everything"

Actually it's not my Photo. It was Bob Wilson's when he passed away his girlfirend gave it to Joe Pruitt and Bob's Family wanted to know who was in the photo so I sent it out looking for the degenerates in it. Something like that.

I think ya'll found out most. But I think you left off Tom Rambo in the pop top. What about Frit. I pretty sure that's his old security rig.

Did you notice the hand sign Fog and Wilson are giving.

It's called the qippenshene sign. Don't ask.

Talk bout some low puller's jeez those are the guys.

Did you notice the hand sign Fog and Wilson are giving.

Talk about a secret handshake... It don't even google!

How's things Steve?
Called Bob Kempf to let him know BZ was in the hospital. He visited him but we haven't talked since BZ flew west.

jon stark

Good to hear from you. Jon.

The hand sign was something Wilson and KenE started. They called it quippenshene or being bagged as some called it. Some secret society stuff dealing with trips to the pea gravel late at night. Who Knows.

I saw Kempf at a party about 6 years ago at the old Control Tower of PDK. Not there's a guy with some Monroe Stories.

Really hated for Beezy to go. Man I miss him.

Doing some 8way at the Farm with some of the Geezers (affectionate term) from Elijay.

Chalfant.