longtall

Para-commander jumps

At least 6 PC jumps were made at Skydive New Mexicos 17th annual water boogie; landing into Elephant Butte (pronounced BUTE) lake. B4s and belly warts(and flotation gear) Wheeeeeeeeeeeee
Photos soon I hope......................................J......
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

Hey Frank
How are you doing?I came across a web site recently; but dang if I can find it now "skydiving in the 60's" I think, But it mentioned you among other jumpers. It described jumping in (littleton?) Colo. New Mexico, Vietnam, So Cal. Still here, Jumping c-182 and the occasional otter. Would like to get to POPS this Oct. at Eloy.Can you come out to play?
............................................J...........................
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

Hey Frank
How are you doing?I came across a web site recently; but dang if I can find it now "skydiving in the 60's" I think, But it mentioned you among other jumpers. It described jumping in (littleton?) Colo. New Mexico, Vietnam, So Cal. Still here, Jumping c-182 and the occasional otter. Would like to get to POPS this Oct. at Eloy.Can you come out to play?

Hi LT

Damn went thru the guy's web sight and saw the name Matt Farmer. We jumped with a guy of the same name in in Desoto Ks in 1970.

Anyone know if it's the same guy.:o

R.I.P.

Hey Frank

Hi LT

Damn went thru the guy's web sight and saw the name Matt Farmer. We jumped with a guy of the same name in in Desoto Ks in 1970.

Anyone know if it's the same guy.:o

R.I.P.

I know a Jim Farmer that was jumping then in Illinois...Yeah slug, I know...who cares?!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Sounds like you were on one of Thom Lyon's sites. He covered a lot of jump history. Hey, I'm not old enuff for POPS but might come down to watch. I do plan to attend the Pioneers of Parachuting get together 1st week of Oct in Vegas. Not old enuff to be a "pioneer" either. Just want to 'rub elbows'

Sounds like you were on one of Thom Lyon's sites. He covered a lot of jump history.

In the process of doing a web site for the recent Orange/Lakewood PI reunion, I've revisited his Project PI site. A lot of stuff there, and a lot of it inaccurate, some seriously so (like reporting people dead who somehow showed up at the reunion.)
If you Google Thom Lyons, you will quickly see that his adventures in Australian politics brought his views and even character into some dispute. In any case, last time I exchanged email with him, he was tired, complaining of health problems, and not interested in correcting facts on his site.

I do plan to attend the Pioneers of Parachuting get together 1st week of Oct in Vegas. Not old enuff to be a "pioneer" either. Just want to 'rub elbows'

You can rub mine. I'll be there.

HW

Hi howard & usetawuz,

Just a heads up for the Pioneers thing; the term for not jumping is 'that you are not packed.'

Wouldn't want you two to not be PC when you get there.

Jerry

Would "I checked and my reserve just went out of date" do, instead? B|

HW (who will try to be current, at least, for the event)