peckerhead

25 years ago...

Your instructor may have been Bob Clark....I jumped at that dz in Littleton on occasion from 1974-76. Bob Clark was the owner, I think.

I was a renegade from the USAF Academy and had about 50 jumps when I showed up there...jumped the same gear you had and later bought a standard military rig and chest reserve with 28' main and 24'reserve and made almost 500 jumps ON THAT RIG!!

Landings were NOT pretty at that altitude on a 28' round, but I only weighed 155 lbs at that time.

I had shot and a half capewells and used them to cutaway malfunctioned mains at least 4 times. Always worked like a champ!

You're right the DZ was owned and run by one Robert Lee Clark (Bob Clark) back in the early to mid 70s. Some sort of little industrial park is there now. Time moves on.

Dave you weren't such a renegade but you were pretty wild for an AFA cadet. Glad you're still on the planet.

Blue stuff -
Frank Halcromb

A crw demo into a stadium killed at least two of the three jumpers in Denver I believe. There was video of this played on the news. One of our New Mexico jumpers was killed. It was about the same time frame; 80's Anybody remember? The NM jumpers name was Les..................................J....................
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

Hi Tall One - It was summer of '84 on a demo for a street carnival in Wheat Ridge CO. (see earlier posts). Les was one of the jumpers lost. I think he trained with the club in Albq. (definitely jumped there for a while). I have the news footage. Not a nice sight.

Hi Tall One - It was summer of '84 on a demo for a street carnival in Wheat Ridge CO. (see earlier posts). Les was one of the jumpers lost. I think he trained with the club in Albq. (definitely jumped there for a while). I have the news footage. Not a nice sight.

---------------------------------------------------
I remember that news video. 5 cell on top and the three stack went rocking out of control. Cut away on the bottom and delayed too long.:(

I have some newspaper clippings some place, I looked and can't find them right now, but the images are not good, there just before impact. I also still have one of the cards from the service, if I can just remember where I stored that stuff.

Funny thing about age, I can't remember everyones name other then bobby V, but I do remember standing out front of the crurch at the service talking to Scott J. Hamilton.:|

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I know this is a very old post...I just came across it.
I knew Bob Vance, as he was my first jumpmaster...I believe he owned the jump center with his pretty wife. When I quit jumping a couple of years later, I sold him my square, which he always envied. I always wondered if it was the canopy he was using when he died, as he had the accident very soon after I sold him the canopy....and I wonder how his wife is doing these days....

Hi Jerry,

Reading your post brings back a lot of memories. Ted had a real mess on his hands with the neighbors at Donald. I heard that the worst of it started when Ted wanted to buy some property to make his runway longer. The ones at one end of the runway jacked the price up figuring he'd have to pay it, so Ted bought a chunk at the other end and war broke out.

The ones that jacked the price up then built a tower to interfere with takeoffs and they had events like somebody throwing a hammer into the prop and running out and cutting up the chutes of those that unfortunately landed in the wrong spot. I had to drive to Salem to bail out my brother who was arrested for trespassing when he landed on the wrong side of the fence.

Yes, good old days.

Hi folks

Since we're on the subject of Mcnasty's in oregon.

Anyone remember the year Ralphs, Cessna was torched. Maybe late 70,s early 80s.

Pesonnaly I wouldn't mess around with either of themB| even ted now.

One Jump Wonder

Hi Robert,

Anyone remember the year Ralphs, Cessna was torched

I stopped out at Ralph's about 1 1/2 months ago. 68Charlie is nearly ready to take to the skies once again. They were painting the wings the day I was there.

She was a great jump plane; hope she has a long life once again.

Jerry Baumchen