efs4ever

Pics. Schrimsher, Smitty old stuff

Just going through some images from the early 80s. Who's the kid with the camera? Who is the Z Hills pilot from 1981?
Who knows where Joanie Mahoney is?
:)

OMG those are awesome..Thats mom in the back ground at seagoville with Georgene,(sp?)
And of course Jerry in the other with you and the hog.
Did you notice the telequa shot with smitty.
That is 942H C172 our plane! I soloed that plane at 16, dad jumped out of it and left me in it.
Thanks Rus....i think.....
I think i was about 10 in that shot....
all that fat is coming back????

Some day you are gonna have to put those on disc for me.

I have a ton of your shots from those days

remember the elephants and the jump plane?

I also need to send you the dvd we did, has video of 60's jumping

Blue sky to you

Who's the kid?

That's J. Schrimsher.:D

And he's pushing 40 now? [:/]

Just for the record, I KNEW who the kid was. Just looking for other maggots who jumped with me in the 70s. :P
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I'll be running SkyFest again this year on July 14-17th at Spaceland, you should check it out.

How ya been?

Man those were some memories Rus brought back.

I'm in Zhill's at Sun Path now. Things are going great.
I'll try to catch ya when I get to town, I will probably get their a few days early to set up.

Hope all is well

J

Is that the old 196 the pilot is standing in front of (I know it's technically a 195, but we called it a 196 because of the 450hp engine on it instead of the standard 250hp)?

Anyone know what ever happened to that plane, I'm sure I still have oil on something from jumping it B|

I remember Jeff Searles "coaching" a jump pilot about learning to fly it. Just take it out on the back runway and do some taxi runs up and down. takeoffs are just fast taxis....

Later, on his first or 2nd load in that plane, it lost oil pressure after dropping the load and he had to dead stick it. I figured he could handle it after that :ph34r:

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

At West Tennessee Skydiving, there's a frame hanging on the wall of a newspaper clipping with a picture featuring the world's youngest and oldest active skydivers...

Who were they?

Charlie Mullins (at age 12, I think) and Smitty (age unknown, probably in his 80's?).
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban