tomdrop

extreme skydiving

His name was Jimmy Tyler. The first time he left one plane, Bill Parsons left another and Jimmy snapped on to Bill's harness and they landed under one canopy. The second time Jimmy left one plane and his canopy was tossed from another plane. Both jumps were done several times with Jimmy wearing a rig before it was filmed for "Thats In-edible" Jimmy was killed jumping Half Dome.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Do a search - the "chute less" type jumps have been discussed recently in this forum. One of the contributors to the thread was "chute less" and guess what he used to do...;)
---------------------------------------------------------
When people look like ants - pull. When ants look like people - pray.

Hi Tony,
Dar did the plane to plane stunt and Jimmy Davis rode a motorcycle out of a plane. Tyler did the 2 chuteless jumps. I flew safety on both of them. They were done up at old Taft.
Get ahold of me and lets go make a jump.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

i remember seeing a video of a guy throwing his parachute out of plane and then jumping out after it.

he chased the chute down and put it on, successfully deploying it.

does anyone know the guys name? or if the video is available online?
Sounds an awful lot like an Arnold Schwartzenegger movie, Eraser.Arnold attempts to put on a rig in the plane under gunfire,loses the rig out the door and ends up hanging onto the door,eventually being forced out.He sees the rig falling below him and tracks out after it.He puts on the rig and opens his main.His nemesis sees him under a canopy and forces the pilot to attempt to ram him in the air where his chute is destroyed and entangled around him and for a while he plummets to the ground in a tangled,round,white canopy.He eventually frees himself,cuts away and pulls the reserve and impacts into a car in a junk yard just prior to secondary opening shock.
More Hollywood poetic license.
thanks,
tom.