LukeOliver

Nude Skydive Records

1) There was a bloke in Queensland (Australia) who had a stack of nude jumps. Peter Nobbs the name. Any idea what the world record for nude jumps is?

2) There's a Swedish 21 way on record, and a photo of 24 nude skydivers at Batchelor (NT, Australia) that dates back to maybe the 70's. What's the biggest (successful) nude formation seen in the skies?

B|

Plummet has done at least one a month for the last 18 or 20 months. Actually, I haven't talked to him since March, so it could have gone up. Keep in mind, this is in Wisconsin. It might be a national record, but the last I heard he's only claiming a state record. Somebody needs to petition the FAI for a new record category.

I don't know about the largest nude formation, but I think I know of a nude record.

I talked to Greg Gasson last time in Eloy and he signed my logbook NNBCRW then a number. Anyway, NNBCRW = Night Naked Backwards CRW.

Now, I am almost sure he is the only crazy ass in the world that has done that shit. Well, him and his other fellow NNBCRW crazy asses.

John D-24352

The official world record is 21-way made at Gothenburg Parachute club in 1996. And a nice vdo is available....
[url]http://www2.phys.waikato.ac.nz/~scotty/NudeJump.mpg
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

I don't know about the largest nude formation, but I think I know of a nude record.

I talked to Greg Gasson last time in Eloy and he signed my logbook NNBCRW then a number. Anyway, NNBCRW = Night Naked Backwards CRW.

Now, I am almost sure he is the only crazy ass in the world that has done that shit. Well, him and his other fellow NNBCRW crazy asses.

John D-24352

Night Naked Backwards CRW....Sounds like a good idea to me!
...mike:)NakedCRW
-----------------------------------
Mike Wheadon B-3715,HEMP#1
Higher Expectations for Modern Parachutists.

replying to: "Now, I am almost sure he is the only crazy ass in the world that has done that shit. Well, him and his other fellow NNBCRW crazy asses."
-------
The world's first 'Co-Ed Naked Downplane' was jumped in Perris California recently, with Brett Clark and Kathy Skeie...... CRAZY FREAKS! :)))

~Kara

And last week there was a new try to break the record.. a 22 way at Gryttjom-Stockholm, unfortunately it did not complete. However there was a 5-way freefly nude in the air... Is this a new record for nude FF-formation??
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

It was the 1988 Katherine Rel Week that we did the 23 way, not a record as we had one guy go low early which was a shame as it was a smooth skydive.
It was the biggest we did over 3 annual meets but the aim was media coverage rather than the record hence one attempt only.
There was a nude accuracy meet every year just before Corowa nationals at the Mangalore Nudists colony and I'd guess the Nudist/Jumper organisor could be your record holder, ask Paul O for his name as Paul could also have the most Nudey's
Both meets would get good coverage in Pix People and Post mag, but importantly in the Pre"Point Break" era it lured in and then educated TV media to the great footage that "new"video camera's produced.
The year before was 6 guys & 6 girls doing 12 ways, eventually we asked why we boys had to be the 6 way base while girls docked on toes, eventually the reply came"ummm we just wanted to see who had an eye on us when we docked on their toe's".