skypuppy

Suspensions

I've read this thread in it's entirity and I am honestly APPAULED at the CSPA. What a bunch of ^%$%%$#@ Idiots. I am honestly thinking about writing a very pointed letter to the BOD and the President of the CSPA. Heris a list of all pertinant email addresses for anyone else that might be so inclined to write;
President - [email protected]
Vice President - [email protected]
Western Director - [email protected]
Mid-Western
Director - [email protected]
Mid-Canada
Director - [email protected]
Ontario Director - [email protected]
Quebec Director - [email protected]
Eastern Director - [email protected]
Board of Directors - [email protected]

SMA#18

I applaud your decision to attempt to make some changes - it seems that the Board and some member Groups of CSPA see no reason to revisit their decision of 30 years ago or even to declare it has outlived its usefulness, and they certainly aren't willing to listen to me and the handful of other CSPA individual members who have spoken up...

Perhaps if enough people contact CSPA they can be persuaded to change their minds...

If you do email CSPA I would urge you to send me a copy of your message at my own email (check profile) so I have some idea of the number of messages that go to the board... They have a way of not giving out that information...

There are elections happening now in some regions of Canada - I urge you to ask respective candidates for CSPA office what they intend to do about this miscarriage of justice...

Rob Price
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

Labatt'slandings.jpg

I've read through this thread from start to finish and would like to put in my two cents worth.
I started jumping in Aug 73 at Port Severn Ontario with Huronia Skydivers.
It was either that summer or the very next I first met Bill Cole. I do remember that I had heard of him before I started jumping and his exploits of jumping chutless and demo jumps into the CNE every summer were the stuff of legends to a younge fellow like myself.
Likewise my father "Mac McCurley" and my uncle "Ray Daviou" who took the first jump course with me, were also in awe of this Sky God who had so many adventures and was still around to talk about it.
In 73 there wern't that many skygods around, in fact I don't think the term was invented yet. The point is Bill was one at this early stage in the sport. All that aside we got to know Bill, not well, but well enough to know that in spite of his lofty status he was more then willing to share his knowledge,experiance, good humor, and sometimes even his gear, with the lowley newbies on the D.Z.
I also got to know over the years some of the people who didn't like Bill for what ever reason. There was a lot of one up manship going on and a lot of self induced ego massage. Needless to say some people look at the world through blinkers and allow personal differances overshadow common sense.
It's about time the CSPA pulled it's head out of it's collective arse and does the right thing. He should be given a F*****G medal for inspiring a host of people to take up the sport in the early days, not penalized for doing things others didn't have the guts to do.

Steve McCurley
CSPA #A693
APF #E663
Judge ratings for NZPF & APF
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

Steve MacCurley....I seem to recall the name but cant put a face to it, my aplogies. Anyhow, nice to hear from you Steve after 30 years.

So many things have changed in 30 years...but not the attitude of CSPA.

I have ciopies of some E Mails sent by Buzz bennett, in which he accuses Rob Price of ranting about things he knows nothing about, and then Bennett goes on to list the things.

On checking them out, I find that Rob was right on every count, and it was Buzz Bennett who didnt know what he was talking about. He didnt have any facts correct, and hear he was condemning someone who did.

Typical CSPA.

Anyhow, Steve, I look forward to meeting you again. I hope your dad and Ray Daviou you mentioned are both well. Please give them my best wishes.

Bill Cole D-41 Canada

I dont like the term Sky God. To me, there is only ONE God, and He is the father and God of the world He created.

...;)

Buzz Bennett
He's the guy who lost my Judges Log Book for me. I sent it to him back in 87 when I returned to canada from Aussie and was thinking about starting up judging in Canada. After doing several Aussie Nationals, State meets, Local club Meets, and having built a reputation for relyability, Buzz decided I needed to start as a beginner to be able to Judge in Canada. The result of this of course is I didn't bother.
Anyway the long and short of it is I never got my log back back from Buzz with page after page of records, and not so much as a sorry I lost it or any other excuse!
So I don't think to highly of him Myself.

My Father passed away about 2 1/2 yrs ago. And Ray still lives in Barrie.

I wish you and Skypuppie well in you're endevours with CSPA.
Watch my video Fat Women
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRWkEky8GoI

I now have a copy of Bill's 1969 Carling Red Cap commercial, about 10 mg on real player or 1 mg wmv, but being technologically challenged, I don't seem to able to upload it to skydiving movies.com
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

I remember when that guy jumped without a parachute. Maybe he should have been suspended...but not for life.

I'm just getting interested in jumping again after years of being away.

It appears CSPA hasnt changed much since I last leaped

I notice big changes in everything else...equipment, jump costs etc etc

[:/]Okay, so let me ask a stupid question.........
Why don't we start up a petition to send to CSPA requesting that they reinstate Bill? I'll bet we can come up with the membership fee.

I'm a USPA member however, I'll help in any manner.

Blues and Blessings to you Bill.

J.E.
James 4:8

I beleive you can post you comments at

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

For a full list of BOD members, see earlier post by cuchulinn in the suspensions thread.

I would humbly suggest that any comment should include cspa's recinding of their decision NOT to accept the FAI recognized jump record of 36,916 ft as both a cspa and National record. CSPA decided to write a second set of records and ignore mine from almost 7000 feet higher than the one they call their record.

figure that one out !!!!!

Come on, Spit that out, I meant, stop that.

My E-mail is on the way. Please post here when you e-mail so we can keep some sort of general count. THEN we should find some one who's computer smart (not myself) and can set up a web page to post our electronic signatures on.

Come on boys and girls, It's time!!!!!

Blues,

J.E.
James 4:8

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

His suspension is pointless muscle flexing. This is as archaic as our imbargo of Cuba.

Doug Locke
USPA A-40878

Couldn't agree with you more...

Sounds like a two year olds method of dealing with things...
"I don't like you, so you don't exist!"
It's asshats like that keepin' Pete Rose out too!

Check this out for more on "ChuteLess"

http://hometown.aol.com/pricesmoneypit/myhomepage/extreme.html

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Bill,

Let me the the second to wish you a Happy Birthday!

Murray (Former Treasurer of CSPA)
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Thanks to all you guys. I may be 71, but I sure dont feel it....or act it I guess.

Geez Bill, you're almost exactly double my age (miss it by about a month). Cool - I guess there's hope for me yet ;)

Happy Birthday!

If you never grow up you never grow old
-not so ancient proverb

Dave T

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Happy birthday, Bill. And keep feeling like the real you -- there is no old you :D

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)