Kirils

!st Balloon jump

My wife and I are signed up for our 1st balloon jump at Ohio's Largest Skydiving Event!!!
JUMPRUN.COM/CPC (PARKMAN)
GOODTIME BOOGIE June 21-30, 2002
Any advise from you experts how we should do a 2 way out of the gondola? What's it like?? Is she gonna be pissed at me afterwards for putting her up to it?? (grin)
Thanks!!!

Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

Leave like the pictures in the old Quincy ads. Hands held and a clean up and out.... the current freefall.com has the picture somewhere on it...
If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

no... there is one perfect 2-way exit from a balloon. Stand on the edge of the basket facing in... on the count, exit with one handed grips falling off backwards. Don't wear a hat, it's absolutely silent, you can talk to each other for about 5-10 seconds... at first you can whisper to each other, then normal talking voice...
Here's what you do... climb up and exit, dropping off backwards... as you begin to accelerate towards terminal, ask her, "Have I ever told you, In freefall, how much I love you?"... she'll smile and look into your eyes, and you'll here her say, ... whatever chicks say when you throw them a "winner" line like that... you know what I mean.
Take the Nestea plunge... best balloon exit... I've got almost 30 of 'em now...
Chris

Almost got one yesterday. I was on load three and we just ran out of daylight. Oh well.....after getting a few beers in the pilots back at the hangar, one of them wants to learn to skydive and they are DEFINATELY coming back on a regular basis. So, if anyone out there wants a Balloon jump, Skydive Atlanta will be the place!
"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

how high do you get on a balloon jump?

Really depends on weather. Heat and wind are the big factors. The balloon we had yesterday took 6 people up at about 2 1/2 minutes per 1000 Ft. He would have put 8 jumpers in the basket but he forgot a temperature probe for the balloon and didn't want to push it. He went to 5000 Ft yesterday. He said he wants to bring it out and do a tandem from 9500. :)"Here I come to save the BOOBIES!"

wow, I didn't think they got that much altitude. Shows how much I know about hot air balloons. I would loooove to do that soon. that and a helicopter jump. or anything else besides a cessna.
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

Clay- You can blame Jen on getting hosed on the balloon jump!- it seems that everyone in the basket on load 1 had her wigged out and it took a while before someone pushed her out!
Then the damn balloon pilots didn't want to take load 3 because they didn't want to land the thing in the dark- I offered a flashlight!
Wimps! heh heh heh.