amstalder

Missouri dropzones (FLW Area)

Ok, we arrived a couple weeks ago, so it's well past time to find a dz! Google, uspa, and the listings here aren't really matching up. Anyone here spend a little time at Fort Leonard Wood and have a recommendation? I'm hoping the listing on here for the dropzone in Rolla is legit, since my kiddo hates the carseat. Thanks!

I think the DZ in rolla closed several years ago... USPA's website is updated listing the majority of Missouri DZ's..... There are a few Cessna DZ's down south.. If you want to jump a turbine then SkydiveKC in Butler Mo is where you need to go.

amstalder

Ok, we arrived a couple weeks ago, so it's well past time to find a dz! Google, uspa, and the listings here aren't really matching up. Anyone here spend a little time at Fort Leonard Wood and have a recommendation? I'm hoping the listing on here for the dropzone in Rolla is legit, since my kiddo hates the carseat. Thanks!

Kiddo may have to get used to the carseat... ;)

Anyway, checkout:

http://www.skydiveflyingvranch.com/

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&q=fort+leonard+wood&fb=1&gl=us&hq=fort+leonard+wood&hnear=fort+leonard+wood&cid=0,0,353997441687279735&ei=rQuiUbTNKKf8iwLrsoHQCQ&ved=0CKIBEPwSMAA

Directions to Skydive Flying V Ranch
11101 Old U.S. 40, Montgomery City, MO 63361; - (888) 866-8918;
122 mi – about 2 hours 19 mins

1. Head east on Nebraska Ave toward Battery St, About 5 mins, go 2.0 mi
2. Turn left onto N Dakota, About 49 secs, go 0.2 mi
3. Slight right toward I-44Spur E; Missouri Ave About 48 secs, go 0.4 mi
4. Continue straight onto I-44 Spur E;Missouri Ave, About 6 mins, go 4.1 mi
5. Turn left onto Old Route 66, About 6 mins, go 3.3 mi
6. Turn right onto MO-17 N, About 33 mins, go 26.0 mi
7. Continue onto State Highway 17, go 0.5 mi
8. Continue onto MO-17 N, About 11 mins, go 9.9 mi
9. Turn right to stay on MO-17 N, About 14 mins, go 11.7 mi
10. Turn right to merge onto US-54 E toward, Jefferson City, About 46 mins, go 49.1 mi
11. Turn right to merge onto I-70 E;US-40 E toward, St Louis, About 12 mins, go 13.1 mi
12. Take exit 161 for Missouri D toward Missouri Yy; Williamsburg, go 0.2 mi
13. Turn left onto County Rd 177;Missouri D Continue to follow Missouri D, About 2 mins, go 0.5 mi
14. Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto County Rd 1030; Old U.S. 40 E, Destination will be on the left, About 2 mins, go 1.0 mi

Skydive Flying V Ranch11101 Old U.S. 40, Montgomery City, MO 63361; - (888) 866-8918

amstalder

HI

Fort "Lost in the Woods" B| to tell you this but for the people that
are doing basic training in that nice facility there is no such thing as a little time.

The best authority to ask about the DZ, s in that area is the conference director. Mr Gary Peak. He coauthored the front page story with Mr Mullins. Mr Peak even answers the phone.:o

Lost in the woods experiences extreme temps in the winter and summer.Since you got the baby with you get a good inbrief about all the ticks, chigers, and other creapy crawlers unique to the area.

Don't sweat the cessna dz stigmas, it's just some turbine baby's that don't have a clue about the special bonding you can develope at the right cessna dz.

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Krip

***Ok, we arrived a couple weeks ago, so it's well past time to find a dz! Google, uspa, and the listings here aren't really matching up. Anyone here spend a little time at Fort Leonard Wood and have a recommendation? I'm hoping the listing on here for the dropzone in Rolla is legit, since my kiddo hates the carseat. Thanks!

HI

Fort "Lost in the Woods" B| to tell you this but for the people that
are doing basic training in that nice facility there is no such thing as a little time.

The best authority to ask about the DZ, s in that area is the conference director. Mr Gary Peak. He coauthored the front page story with Mr Mullins. Mr Peak even answers the phone.:o

Lost in the woods experiences extreme temps in the winter and summer.Since you got the baby with you get a good inbrief about all the ticks, chigers, and other creapy crawlers unique to the area.

Don't sweat the cessna dz stigmas, it's just some turbine baby's that don't have a clue about the special bonding you can develope at the right cessna dz.

R.I.P.

Yeah, I'm over the bugs :| Other than that, I actually really like it here. I think we're going to start checking out DZs this weekend :)