Emmie

B licence question

I have over 50 jumps now, but I still haven't sent in my A licence form. I only need water training to get my b now, so do any of you guys know if I can just apply for the B and skip over the A, or do I have to pay for both? Thanks.

You don't have to have the A license (unless you want the number) as long as all of the requirements have been met and you've taken (and passed) the A lic exam.

There is no A license exam anymore...

--
Hook high, flare on time

Incorrect answer. There is an "A" license exam, but it is now an oral exam conducted by an instructor along with a "check dive." Perhaps your school has stopped giving the exam, but it IS still a USPA requirment and is noted in the SIM.

Tom Buchanan
USPA Instructor (etc.)

You don't have to have the A license (unless you want the number) as long as all of the requirements have been met and you've taken (and passed) the A lic exam.

There most certainly IS an A-license exam (verbal) as well as much more required documented training to get checked off on the card. As for the USPA A-license: when your card is all filled out and signed by the various instructors who trained you, it is then simply stamped with a $9.00 gadget that all schools are required to have. The card, then, is your license and is supposed to be accepted at any USPA dropzone. No need to pay the cash unless you want the number. If you skip the payment, you must still possess a stamped A-license card, then take the B-test (plus meet all those requirements) to get the B.

At Raeford, we have a funny new ceremony where we stamp the card, then stamp the forehead of the new license holder. Some of them walk around all night with the stamp on their head as they drink their beer. NICE!;)

Chuck